Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Insurance - rate increase, no bad history?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

Just got my auto-renewal notice for Tesla insurance, and it went up by 10% for apparently no reason. I haven't had any accidents and tickets for the past 6 months of having Tesla insurance, if anyone was wondering. Has anyone got their auto renewal notice and had their rates increased recently?

State Farm, $100 a month for the 3, $180 for the X. Over 50, clean record, house insurance with State Farm.

You should get a quote from Tesla Insurance.
I switched from SF (also have house with them) and saved about $75/month for just the X with higher coverage levels. SF was the most expensive carrier of everyone I contacted. I thought I've been saving money by bundling. But, nope.

USAA doubled the insurance on my M3. It went from $1,012/year to $2,074. Full coverage, $1k deductible two drivers over 50 with spotless records. I'm shopping for new insurance.

yikes. Did you call and ask why it went up so much?

fwiw: we have USAA with two Model 3's and while they have gone up a small amount on the past two years, they are still less than our Audi A3. Total USAA premium for three cars & 3 drivers, including two Tesla Model 3's, is ~ $1200/6 months, or $2400/yr. Full coverage, $300/500, $1k deductible.

Last edited: