Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Insurance Sub Forum Please!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tomas

Out of warranty...
Supporting Member
Oct 22, 2012
Santa Barbara/New York
Now that Tesla has introduced their insurance product...

I'm afraid all of the Tesla insurance discussions will get sown out across all of the various sub forums. There's not really a good/obvious place to create a thread in any of the S/3/X forums. Can we please have an insurance forum so there's a central place to go?

Thanks.

Reactions: house9
If enough users express and interest in this and some of the moderators are on board, we could create a Tesla Insurance forum which encompasses all insurance discussion related to Tesla ownership.
Danny, that's not really the idea I had in mind. The idea is that Tesla has launched an insurance product. Just as we have sub forums for each of the car models and for power wall, we should have a sub forum for Tesla's insurance offering. It is another Tesla product, and if discussions of it get spread out among the car model forums, the information will be harder to find, harder to consolidate, and there will be redundancy. I'm sure demand/discussion will be low at first - as the Tesla insurance product is only being sold in California - but as it is rolled out further I suspect there will be a big flurry of activity.

Let me ask you... how soon after launch of Powerwall did you set up Tesla Energy sub forum?

Not seeing an insurance sub forum here is my question. If I run the 1/4 mile at a NHRA track every Saturday does Tesla note the speed & acceleration and cancel or raise the rates? Racing activity is not covered by most insurance policys, I assume Tesla would not cover an accident while on the track, but will it affect your rate? Same thing in track mode on track day, a computer looking at your driving habits would cancel you after the first lap!