Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Insurance....terrible experience so far

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First accident and it is impossible to speak to the claims adjuster.
I've texted, emailed and been on hold for now close to 2 hours.
I am thinking that the money saved on Tesla Insurance may not be worth the aggravation.
Would be curious to hear about anyone else's experience dealing with a claim. Thanks.

I am thinking that the money saved on Tesla Insurance may not be worth the aggravation.
Would be curious to hear about anyone else's experience dealing with a claim. Thanks.
Not sure why you thought it would be a different experience than buying a car or needing service from them.

That place is an absolute black hole.

Have Tesla insurance, just got DMV letter "Intent to Suspend" for lack of insurance

Couldn’t say it any better. I had gotten hit from behind by a bus. It was obviously their fault and the bus denied it. Tesla put in no effort to reimburse me my deductible. When trying to get reimbursed for my car seats there is no one to get a hold of. It’s been over a month with no response. Was not worth it getting there insurance.

I was rear-ended on Oct 27th, filed a claim on the same day and have been unable to reach anyone and it's been 36 days since the accident and counting (claims adjuster phone number goes straight to VM and i've tried it 30 times at least) My claim remains unaddressed and my 2022 Model S remains damaged (driveable.) There does not appear to be anyone at home with Tesla insurance. Perhaps the worst customer service experience i've ever encountered. can't wait to change it to a real insurance company once this is resolved (if it ever gets resolved)

I was rear-ended on Oct 27th, filed a claim on the same day and have been unable to reach anyone and it's been 36 days since the accident and counting (claims adjuster phone number goes straight to VM and i've tried it 30 times at least) My claim remains unaddressed and my 2022 Model S remains damaged (driveable.) There does not appear to be anyone at home with Tesla insurance. Perhaps the worst customer service experience i've ever encountered. can't wait to change it to a real insurance company once this is resolved (if it ever gets resolved)
I'm curious why you haven't contacted your states insurance commissioner by now? Been 36 days and nothing has been done, your story sounds a bit questionable.

Terrible service. My car is in the shop for almost 3 weeks now still waiting for the adjuster/estimator to approve the work. The adjuster is not responding to me (email, text or calls) or the shop. My rental car will definitely needs to get extended but who will shoulder the cost?