Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quoting with different companies and so far Tesla is giving me the best quote, however it still seems to be ridiculously expensive compared to what I’ve payed for gas cars in the past and having a clean driving record. I’ve quoted with Progressive, liberty mutual, Geico, Tesla, Allstate, etc. Tesla actually gave me the best quote for $180 per month costing me double of what I pay per yearo_O Anyone else getting crazy high quotes too?

Bay Area,CA
Liability-Bodily Injury:$100k/300k
Liability Property Damage: $35k
Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury:$100k/$100k
Uninsured Motorist Property Damage: $3.5k
Medical Payments: n/a
Collision Coverage: $500 deductible
Comprehensive Coverage:$500 deductible
Rental: in network
Roadside assistance: basic

• Informative
Reactions: SPACE_EX and CA4Fun
Quoting with different companies and so far Tesla is giving me the best quote, however it still seems to be ridiculously expensive compared to what I’ve payed for gas cars in the past and having a clean driving record. I’ve quoted with Progressive, liberty mutual, Geico, Tesla, Allstate, etc. Tesla actually gave me the best quote for $180 per month costing me double of what I pay per yearo_O Anyone else getting crazy high quotes too?

Bay Area,CA

Is that even expensive for Fremont California? Looks like normal pricing for a big metro area to me...

I went from a 2003 Porsche 911 C4S to a M3P and my insurance jumped substantially. I don't have the exact figure since it was mid-period but it was somewhere to the tune of 40-50% increase (for my car). I'm with Progressive (recently switched from Nationwide and my annual car insurance cost dropped by about $900 for the same coverage amounts).

Not sure if this is a function if it being a newer and more valuable car, or something related to Teslas.

Bay Area,CA
$180 per month at your age sounds like a steal to me! I’m only 1 year younger than you with a clean record and pay twice as much for lesser coverage.

Thank you all, I decided to go for Tesla insurance. After purchasing it says I declined :
auto loan/lease gap, Collision deductible Buy Back & total loss deductible waiver. Yet these were never an option to purchase. Anyone with any Tesla insurance experience also show this ?

Thank you all, I decided to go for Tesla insurance. After purchasing it says I declined :
auto loan/lease gap, Collision deductible Buy Back & total loss deductible waiver. Yet these were never an option to purchase. Anyone with any Tesla insurance experience also show this ?
If you call them, they can actually add quite a few extras that aren’t offered online. I fiddled with my coverages and levels quite a bit.

Reactions: SPACE_EX and Vram09
If you call them, they can actually add quite a few extras that aren’t offered online. I fiddled with my coverages and levels quite a bit.

thank you! If I new waiving deductibles was even an option I would’ve made my deductibles higher to lower my cost and just added the waiver to my insurance considering those waiving options usually cost much less than a lower deductible

thank you! If I new waiving deductibles was even an option I would’ve made my deductibles higher to lower my cost and just added the waiver to my insurance considering those waiving options usually cost much less than a lower deductible
Give them a call. They answer the phone quickly, and making changes to your coverage usually takes effect the next day. The only thing I dislike is having my credit card charged monthly. I’d prefer to pay for the year.

Looking at moving the M3 from CSAAA to Tesla insurance in coastal CenCal. The quote for equivalent coverage was very reasonable. The rep said that they revisit the rates every 6 months. Has anyone had experience with this and what have seen the rate do?

And what has your experience with Tesla insurance been like. We have been very happy with the service in SF and Monterey.

Status
Not open for further replies.