Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's not too difficult to be honest. It's all about being aware of what you can get dinged for. I try to keep a 5-10 car length distance between myself and the vehicle in front of me at all times to give me plenty of time to react and gradually slow down. Same with aggressive turning. I dramatically slow down every time I make a turn to avoid getting dinged. FCW's aren't as common for me as the previous two I mentioned, but every time they do happen it's always a false positive.
What time of day are you driving in Frisco Tx that you can get 5-10 car lengths and not piss off every single person behind you?
I keep 2-3 car lengths and get cut off on a regular basis 😂

When beta first came out, I tried driving like an old grandma, taking every turn significantly below the recommended speed, driving 4-6 car lengths behind people, literally pissing people off left and right. And Couldn't maintain a 95+.....Then if you get on DNT during heavy traffic hours, good luck! That's the only place I ever get dinged for FCW is DNT.

Btw what insurance do you use @thinktwice
You save $200 per Month??? Are you 16 with a dozen accidents? Never heard of anyone paying that much for insurance.
I am 31 (1 speeding ticket from 2010) with one wreck being someone Tboning me while running a stop sign out of a neighborhood trying to cross 5 lanes to the other side (3 lanes + 2 turn lanes) . And I was the ONLY car on the road for a hot min. This was almost 3 years ago now?
I'm still paying $170+/m with Tesla Insurance, saving $200/m from others.

Tesla insurance quote is For $213. Is this normal? I have no accidents or claims. Does it get lower over time?
I just received Vin today. So I’m looking. It is currently cheaper to use my Liberty Mutual. It’s about $30 cheaper than the Tesla offer.

I’m in Texas.

Just to verify after applying through the app, you can just cancel at the end? I don’t want to be locked into their insurance but want to be sure we can get out of it.
So I’m currently signed up with Tesla Insurance. I have paid the first or down payment. I’m I have my DD set for 5/21. I can not make any changes in the app now. Until I pickup on my DD. I plan to keep Tesla Insurance for a short time than add it to my New State Farm policy. I still have the option in the app to add a different insurance or call Tesla insurance. I will do nothing to slow down my delivery. As soon as I made my final Payment I couldn’t adjust the policy unless I call them
1652630118755.png

What time of day are you driving in Frisco Tx that you can get 5-10 car lengths and not piss off every single person behind you?
I keep 2-3 car lengths and get cut off on a regular basis 😂

When beta first came out, I tried driving like an old grandma, taking every turn significantly below the recommended speed, driving 4-6 car lengths behind people, literally pissing people off left and right. And Couldn't maintain a 95+.....Then if you get on DNT during heavy traffic hours, good luck! That's the only place I ever get dinged for FCW is DNT.

Btw what insurance do you use @thinktwice
I have Tesla Insurance. I've maintained a 100 Safety Score for the past week (approx 200 miles). I try to keep a 5-10 car length distance depending on the steady speed I'm driving and of course can't be maintained during constant stop and go. I drive day and night on all different roads (DNT, Preston, 380, SRT/121), but usually stay away from rush hour driving as I work from home.

I have Tesla Insurance. I've maintained a 100 Safety Score for the past week (approx 200 miles). I try to keep a 5-10 car length distance depending on the steady speed I'm driving and of course can't be maintained during constant stop and go. I drive day and night on all different roads (DNT, Preston, 380, SRT/121), but usually stay away from rush hour driving as I work from home.
Ah, yeah I drive all around (for work and for pleasure) but am constantly in bumper to bumper traffic (sometimes slow sometimes close to speed limit).
But 5-10 car lengths = not in fast lane, and I just cant stand going 5-10mph under the speed limit.
Only time I can ever get 5-10 car lengths is like 10-12 at night where no one else is on the road. Any other time and getting cut off xD

I'm trying to determine how Tesla insurance works. So hopefully, someone will have the answer. How does the rate work? Is it for the car, no matter who is driving it and just based on how well it is being driven? Is it based on each individual driver of the car? What if you have a teenager that drives it?
I believe it’s based on the total Driving log.

I have Elephant insurance in Austin. $136 / mo for 2 drivers 2 vehicles, 1k deductible, 500k limits. 41+37 yr old no accidents no tickets, excellent credit. 6 month policy paid in full.

Tesla quote is $307 at comparable limits. No thanks.

I'm trying to determine how Tesla insurance works. So hopefully, someone will have the answer. How does the rate work? Is it for the car, no matter who is driving it and just based on how well it is being driven? Is it based on each individual driver of the car? What if you have a teenager that drives it?
Now if you mean specific Tesla pricing metric? I doubt you'll ever find out. They likely use many of these: drivers age, violations, accident history, credit score, location of vehicles, vehicle worth, policy limits, miles driven, safety score factors, state regulations. Even if you found out now it may change tomorrow.

Insurance covers the vehicle. Rate includes all drivers added to policy. If you don't include teen or person on policy that lives in house and drives the vehicle you have risk they deny your claim and sue you. This is all state rules and same with Tesla vs other insurers.

Tesla Insurance. In Texas.

I have $500 deductibles
2 Driver’s listed 40 and under 40
25/100/300
I added rental or bumped the coverage up to $75 per day. I believe.
My premium went up from my initial $120 or so dollars.
It fluctuates. Depending on my Safety Score.
97 it’s about $150
98 it’s about $140
99 it’s about $130

It’s about a $10 increment for every 1 point.

I recently got a quote from State Farm. For the same equivalent policy. I was quoted $176
My wife’s vehicle is on State Farm. Even with a multi vehicle policy. It was still more affordable to go with Tesla Insurance.

Reactions: MacO512