Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
started looking at tesla insurance for my MSLR and got an initial quote of 140 a month with 1k deductible and driving less thank 8k a year. I currently have progressive and with 2 vehicles(including the tesla) my 6 month policy for the Tesla is 709. My question for the guys with tesla insurance, how much of a difference are you currently paying compared to your initial premium?

started looking at tesla insurance for my MSLR and got an initial quote of 140 a month with 1k deductible and driving less thank 8k a year. I currently have progressive and with 2 vehicles(including the tesla) my 6 month policy for the Tesla is 709. My question for the guys with tesla insurance, how much of a difference are you currently paying compared to your initial premium?
Tesla insurance is the cheapest for me by a mile. Other insurance quoted me way more than Tesla with less coverage. Los Angeles area.

I live in Virginia but my cheapest I could find was $180 that was with allstate, I'm paying $127 a month with Tesla Insurance but I'm in M3SR+ but I am also 21 and in the first 2 months in June I should go down to 81 a month if I keep my 99 score!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-05-10-23-00-34-45_dea0ed4dc7fea9051b966dd91d80d9ae.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-05-10-23-00-34-45_dea0ed4dc7fea9051b966dd91d80d9ae.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 165
Coming from Texas, it cost me 1/3rd the premium Progressive quoted me, and 1/2 the premium of anyone else....
The only downside is the false FWC issues costing me money, but I'll just deal with it.

So far no complaints, but haven't dealt with any claims yet, and hope to never have to.

Coming from Texas, it cost me 1/3rd the premium Progressive quoted me, and 1/2 the premium of anyone else....
The only downside is the false FWC issues costing me money, but I'll just deal with it.

So far no complaints, but haven't dealt with any claims yet, and hope to never have to.
Same experience here. I too had Progressive before in Texas and about the same savings going to Tesla. However, I now have a cracked windshield from a rock on the highway and it spidered all the way across, so I need a windshield replacement. I don't see glass coverage as an offering on Tesla insurance in Texas and I don't know if filing a claim on my comprehensive ($500) deductible is worth it IF they might raise my insurance in the future. It would be great to know if anyone has filed a windshield replacement claim and how it affected their premium going forward?

Reactions: DFWBrad
Same experience here. I too had Progressive before in Texas and about the same savings going to Tesla. However, I now have a cracked windshield from a rock on the highway and it spidered all the way across, so I need a windshield replacement. I don't see glass coverage as an offering on Tesla insurance in Texas and I don't know if filing a claim on my comprehensive ($500) deductible is worth it IF they might raise my insurance in the future. It would be great to know if anyone has filed a windshield replacement claim and how it affected their premium going forward?
"Glass Only
As part of your Comprehensive (other than Collision) coverage, Tesla provides you with glass coverage for the repair or replacement of any damaged glass, including the windshield, side windows and rear window."

Depending on your cost to replace it and deductible, might be better just to pay cash unfortunately.

I'm getting REAL freaking tired of false positive FCW though....
I was at a crawl coming to my front gate, my employee walked in front of the car to open the gate (old school gate don't hate we're replacing this year with full entry system xD), FCW went off....docked me $20/m.....getting real annoyed with how sensitive this stupid thing is. Meanwhile a car is PARKED in the middle of a 3 lane road and nothing .-. I dont get it