Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you get a higher safety score?
Nope! Pissing me off. I'm driving safer but maintain the 84

Best part? My insurance goes up another $50 next month for no reason.... I hit 3000 miles less than I got quoted for too after 6 months

What the hell Tesla? Raising my premiums by 100$/m for no reason? Now I'm back at what other companies charge except I wouldn't have this dumb score to deal with.
Costco insurance beat Tesla insurance for my M3.
I'll have to check it out!

I'm officially fed up with Tesla insurance essentially doubling my ins for no reason over a 2 month period is bs

Reactions: techzelle
Have you reviewed your daily score? Keep in mind that the score reflects your driving record from only the last 30 days.
Yes, I have been averaging 89/90 score since I started in March. At the end of my July period it went from 90 => 84 overnight for no apparent reason besides it was the "end" of that 30 day cycle. I've averaged 89~ for the last 4 weeks looking at the Daily, and it hasn't budged from 84. The only days I ever get below 90 scores is when I get false positive FCW's. Which is sadly quite often....

The other day I was driving and going to make a uturn under a bridge, there was a car stopped in the same lane as they were turning left not uturning, and about 3 car lengths before I went to make the turn FCW went off.....

Just got a quote from Costco that's $100/m cheaper than what Tesla will have me at next month, WITH higher coverage across the board and less deductible -_- Once I get the confirmed pricing I will be cancelling my Tesla insurance.

I don't mind being dinged for my aggressive driving, it's a sports car. But don't raise my premium 100$ for no reason Tesla, specially when you ding me for all the false FCW you have hit me with. Not cool.

Yes, I have been averaging 89/90 score since I started in March. At the end of my July period it went from 90 => 84 overnight for no apparent reason besides it was the "end" of that 30 day cycle. I've averaged 89~ for the last 4 weeks looking at the Daily, and it hasn't budged from 84. The only days I ever get below 90 scores is when I get false positive FCW's. Which is sadly quite often....

The other day I was driving and going to make a uturn under a bridge, there was a car stopped in the same lane as they were turning left not uturning, and about 3 car lengths before I went to make the turn FCW went off.....

Just got a quote from Costco that's $100/m cheaper than what Tesla will have me at next month, WITH higher coverage across the board and less deductible -_- Once I get the confirmed pricing I will be cancelling my Tesla insurance.

I don't mind being dinged for my aggressive driving, it's a sports car. But don't raise my premium 100$ for no reason Tesla, specially when you ding me for all the false FCW you have hit me with. Not cool.
I hear you. I don't get to take advantage of a higher safety score in California so the score is just a game for me, but man do I hate it when I get hit with a premature frontal collision warning. Hurts my pride lol.

Looks like you've found a more suitable insurance provider. Happy for you!

I hear you. I don't get to take advantage of a higher safety score in California so the score is just a game for me, but man do I hate it when I get hit with a premature frontal collision warning. Hurts my pride lol.

Looks like you've found a more suitable insurance provider. Happy for you!
They haven't sent me the official letter, so hoping they don't pull some shenanigans xD

But yeah it's absolutely absurd how many times that goes off and I get penalized 10-20$ for it -_-* I don't drive an insane amount of miles so each one hurts my score. A car parked on the side of the road has set it off 2-3 times lately too.

If I maintain 99-100 score, I saved 70%, if I maintain 85 SS, saving down to less than 30%. I need to check costco, but I am tired of this SS, the more I restricted myself to total AP for keeping the score sake, the more likely I will not know how to respond to accident, it just numb my senses.

If I maintain 99-100 score, I saved 70%, if I maintain 85 SS, saving down to less than 30%. I need to check costco, but I am tired of this SS, the more I restricted myself to total AP for keeping the score sake, the more likely I will not know how to respond to accident, it just numb my senses.

I swear AP has resulted in a frontal collision warning for me before. AP doesn't respond as fast as the driver to a curvy section of the road, from my little experiment with it, so I'm probably just going to use it on a straight highway section.

Costco insurance beat Tesla insurance for my M3.

haven't got quote yet for my recently ordered 2020 M3P, but I can vouch for Costco Ins...they were insanely cheaper than my last insurance company Geico by almost 50%

2006 Lexus is250
2009 BMW 330i
2015 BMW 428i
2018 Porsche Cayman
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

full coverage on all of them with two teen drivers(daughter is 18, son is 20) and we pay about $1360 every six months...take the kids off and it would be half of that