Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not with law enforcement (and not trying to be a D), but what you're proposing sounds to me like it could be interpreted as insurance fraud.

Maybe someone here better versed in law in the two respective states could help, but I'm not sure how many lawyers or law students are here.

Have you looked into the price quotes of tesla insurance vs others? Here in CO Tesla insurance quoted me $600/year higher than anything else. Granted it varies by state and drivers, but thats quite a big difference (for me at least).

Reactions: Fiddler
The carrier will require you to list the garaging address, wherever the car is garaged is how the policy will be rated. In order to do what you are asking you would need a physical address to list on the policy. If you were successful in obtaining a policy the carrier would have grounds to deny a claim and or cancel the policy.. Then getting insurance would even more difficult and expensive because you were cancelled for misrepresentation. Go see an independent agent that can quote you through multiple carriers to find the best deal or buy a car that is cheaper to insure.

• Helpful
Reactions: Fiddler and X-pilot