TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla integrating Body ship in-house

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Sg911, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Sg911

Sg911 Member

2. Clubmaker

Clubmaker Member

I think this sounds great, however, I am not sure if the problem for long repair times are the fault of the independent repair shops. I recently was in a collision with my Model S. Tesla was great as roadside assistance called minutes after the accident to see if I was OK. They then emailed me a list of Tesla approved repair shops that I had before the tow truck arrived. I had them take it to one of those shops. The shop has ordered the parts to fix the car, however, they are saying it will take as long as 3-4 months to get the parts in. Apparently, Tesla has a shortage of parts and the shop cannot get parts on a timely basis, even though Tesla recommended them.

I think the problem will be solved simply by Tesla ramping up its parts production. I am sure the parts shortage is because they have reallocated resources to increase production of the Model 3. Hopefully the parts production will pick up once they are out of model 3 "production hell".

• Informative x 1