Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla interior color different from ordered

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla messed up my delivery. The car that was delivered to my home had a black interior while I had ordered a white. Thankfully, the salesperson who brought the car direct to my home checked the paperwork, apologized and took the car back to the dealership. I had already waited a few months for this MY, so I guess this resets the time? Anyone else have issues like this, how long did the re-issue of vehicle take? Also, I need to change loan docs etc,.. a big headache. Blame it on the bots!

Tesla messed up my delivery. The car that was delivered to my home had a black interior while I had ordered a white. Thankfully, the salesperson who brought the car direct to my home checked the paperwork, apologized and took the car back to the dealership. I had already waited a few months for this MY, so I guess this resets the time? Anyone else have issues like this, how long did the re-issue of vehicle take? Also, I need to change loan docs etc,.. a big headache. Blame it on the bots!
give me a day or 2 to arrange travel and I could fly there and take it if still available................
"ROAD trip!!"

is the VIN correct and they built the interior wrong? if so this is pretty bad on Tesla's internal logistics...
if it's just wrong vehicle mismatched VIN then they might find your car "in 2 weeks" (Tesla motto)

It is possible that they might have delivered the wrong car to you (aka wrong VIN). This happened to my wife's m3 SR+ this June. Delivery specialst called me the day before the delivery and apologized that he delivered my wife's car to someone else and mistakenly added 80 miles to odometer... so it does happen...

It is possible that they might have delivered the wrong car to you (aka wrong VIN). This happened to my wife's m3 SR+ this June. Delivery specialst called me the day before the delivery and apologized that he delivered my wife's car to someone else and mistakenly added 80 miles to odometer... so it does happen...
ha any reimbursement/resolution or you just let it be?

• Funny
Reactions: dyau

Pretty much the same thing happened to me back in March. I was set to take delivery of my car (home delivery) and paid the ACH and everything. Found out the day before my delivery that Tesla screwed up and sold my car to somebody else, and then put be back into the waiting queue..... at the end of the waiting queue.

So yes, it does happen.

ha any reimbursement/resolution or you just let it be?

LOL! Yeah right. I never received a call from my SA when the delivery center guys (who were cool) said they would have my SA reach out to me. Never heard a single apology from anyone, and all they said was "oh really? ok, we'll find you another car." A few days later, the EDD on my account said April, and then in April it switched to June. Then June came & went, and now my EDD is in Sept :rolleyes:

Pretty much the same thing happened to me back in March. I was set to take delivery of my car (home delivery) and paid the ACH and everything. Found out the day before my delivery that Tesla screwed up and sold my car to somebody else, and then put be back into the waiting queue..... at the end of the waiting queue.

So yes, it does happen.

LOL! Yeah right. I never received a call from my SA when the delivery center guys (who were cool) said they would have my SA reach out to me. Never heard a single apology from anyone, and all they said was "oh really? ok, we'll find you another car." A few days later, the EDD on my account said April, and then in April it switched to June. Then June came & went, and now my EDD is in Sept :rolleyes:
You should try to escalate to their higher management...i Understand that mistakes/errors do happen but in your case looks like they didnt even care to rectify the issue as soon as possible..

pretty corporate treatment. employees don't care about personalized touch just wanna get job done haha