Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla introduces new home charging station

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
The only place you are likely to see 208 is where the building you are has a 3ø feed and that is only done in multi family dwellings (apartment buildings etc). Developments are usually biphase 240 with a transformer feeding a few houses. Town houses I don't know.

Last edited:
Yes. The corded MC and corded WC are both 40 amps. I've owned (and sold) both.

Good to know. A couple months ago I was looking at buying an ordinary (48 amp) wall connector and one of the members on here turned me onto this "new" wall connector. Advantage being, no adapters to 14-50 etc.

Here is my older thread from November regarding the corded mobile connector.

Questions on using an HPWC with Model 3.

Here is the link to the product suggested in that thread. Is it the same?

Corded Mobile Connector

Pictures look the same. Hard to tell.

Good to know. A couple months ago I was looking at buying an ordinary (48 amp) wall connector and one of the members on here turned me onto this "new" wall connector. Advantage being, no adapters to 14-50 etc.

Here is my older thread from November regarding the corded mobile connector.

Questions on using an HPWC with Model 3.

Here is the link to the product suggested in that thread. Is it the same?

Corded Mobile Connector
There are a lot of signature wall connectors (up to 80 amps) available now. You might be able to get one cheaper (and be able to charge faster) but would probably need professional installation instead of just plugging it in. We installed some of our signature wall connectors and sold the corded MC and corded WC.

editing

32894696058_7033cf4058_b.jpg

46770370341_c4476e1096_b.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Tesla will likely be discontinuing the 14-50 Corded Mobile Connector. It's currently listed for $520 while an HPWC costs $500 (either for hardwired or 14-50 connection).

We have been using the 14-50 MC to charge our X 100D, with a 14-50 outlet installed next to the X's charging port.

Recently we had our signature black HPWC installed, and because it didn't come with the 14-50 cable, we had to have an electrician run a short line from the 14-50 outlet inside the wall to the back or our new HPWC.

If we'd had the option for a 14-50 connector on the HPWC, we may not even have needed an electrician, because installing the HPWC is pretty simple - a few bolts into the wall, and then setting some dip switches for the amp setting (which should default to a 50A circuit for the HPWC's with the 14-50 cable).

Though, because we did have an electrician install our HPWC on the existing 14-50 cabling, the electrician was able to upgrade the breaker for that line from 50A to 60A, so we get 48A of charging through the HPWC, 20% faster than what we were getting with the 14-50 MC.

• Informative
Reactions: Webeevdrivers
Tesla will likely be discontinuing the 14-50 Corded Mobile Connector. It's currently listed for $520 while an HPWC costs $500 (either for hardwired or 14-50 connection).

How does this Corder Mobile connector differ from the ones we received with the vehicle? Mine came with 2 wall leads that plug into the Mobile charger. One for standard 120, and one for a NEMA 14-50.