Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Investor Day Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First mention of the Investor Day agenda I've seen:

11:00am - event check-in
11:00am-2:45pm - Factory Tours and Plaid Demo Rides
3:00-4:30pm - Keynotes
4:30-5:30pm - Q & A
5:30-7:00pm - Meet & Greet

With the times being in CST, that means the Livestream starts at the keynotes. Also interesting they've reserved a full hour for Q&A.

People who think that there’s going to be major details of a cheaper Tesla are in for a rude awakening. This is not the Model 3 unveil event. It’s an investor event. And too many details of a cheaper Tesla will Osbourne model 3 sales. I’m seeing too many of these $25k Tesla comments and videos being posted. Tesla probably regrets the Cybertruck pricing that will probably get massively revised now that we’re nearing production.

Reactions: CarlS and MC3OZ
People who think that there’s going to be major details of a cheaper Tesla are in for a rude awakening. This is not the Model 3 unveil event. It’s an investor event. And too many details of a cheaper Tesla will Osbourne model 3 sales. I’m seeing too many of these $25k Tesla comments and videos being posted. Tesla probably regrets the Cybertruck pricing that will probably get massively revised now that we’re nearing production.

I agree, I have outlined my thoughts here.:- Tesla Compact Hatch Coming?

Mostly likely option is:-
  1. Testa outlines the Gen3 architecture, but does not detail specific vehicle designs.

And my other relevant comments were:-

IMO the compact hatch will be built ASAP, I'm just not sure it will be revealed on Investor Day.

There is nothing wrong with Tesla having a dedicated reveal event for one or more Gen3 vehicles later this year. if Tesla are doing that, then they may provide and indication that reveal is coming on Investor Day.

Model 3 Highland is the cheaper car that people can probably order straight after the event.

Reactions: CYBRTRK420
People who think that there’s going to be major details of a cheaper Tesla are in for a rude awakening.
IIRC Elon has said they are going to release details of their Gen 3 platform though?.... which will be what any new smaller Tesla and RoboTaxi will be based upon.

Its questionable how much we will see, and if it will be an actual future product launch or not, but I expect to see something.

This is what we call a class A train wreck presentation! I’ve actually been to investor meetings from much smaller companies that made this “presentation” look like it was put together by middle schoolers. Elon needs to hire a top tier PR team and real deal CFO who knows how to lay out company details. Reading of floor teleprompters the entire time, including times when some engineer was trying to be funny was just sad. I expect to see red tomorrow for TSLA. The company has a great vision but you certainly don’t focus most of your presentation on future projections and projects that haven’t really materialized. As an investor, I want to know EBITDA, quarter results and expected next two quarters, not 10yrs from now. I know some will say “this was the first one they’ve done, give them a break”. Sorry, but this is a multi billion dollar company, not some mom and pop dry cleaner. Why would you have engineers, HR person, design team on stage during an investor meeting. They had a hard time answering questions from real brokers during Q/A. The responses were jumbled and confused by the person asking the question. Only a rookie pink sheet type investor would think this went well.

That is what the quarterly investor conference call is for. This was specifically for the long-term plans.
Yes but they pumped this day up well in advance and when you as a company do that and invite actual investment brokers from big institutions, you better perform. I’m not sure what kind of investor or finance profession you’re in but as an investment manager and options trader, this was a fiasco. Lots of pie in the sky and bumbling. I was long on TSLA but I am shorting it and place some puts. I have already placed sell orders after 30mins. and thank goodness I did. I’ll be watching trade volume and see how much is sold off before I get back in. Expect heavy red tomorrow

This is what we call a class A train wreck presentation! I’ve actually been to investor meetings from much smaller companies that made this “presentation” look like it was put together by middle schoolers. Elon needs to hire a top tier PR team and real deal CFO who knows how to lay out company details. Reading of floor teleprompters the entire time, including times when some engineer was trying to be funny was just sad. I expect to see red tomorrow for TSLA. The company has a great vision but you certainly don’t focus most of your presentation on future projections and projects that haven’t really materialized. As an investor, I want to know EBITDA, quarter results and expected next two quarters, not 10yrs from now. I know some will say “this was the first one they’ve done, give them a break”. Sorry, but this is a multi billion dollar company, not some mom and pop dry cleaner. Why would you have engineers, HR person, design team on stage during an investor meeting. They had a hard time answering questions from real brokers during Q/A. The responses were jumbled and confused by the person asking the question. Only a rookie pink sheet type investor would think this went well.
These thumbs down are hilarious. Your TSLA stock will be thumbs tomorrow, very fitting. Never invest with emotion. Any knowledgeable skill set investor would see this as lackluster at best.

• Funny
Reactions: Christine69420
@GoVols! I didn't even realize I haven't logged into this site in a long time. I logged in to give you your well deserved thumbs down 😂! They literally said this investor day is not about short term quarterly reports at the beginning. You should of stopped watching it at that point. I'm glad the stock is dipping... its my time.

Reactions: CarlS and MP3Mike

Exactly the sort of time-frame myopia which hamstrings so many companies and investors.

I was thrilled to see the focus shifted away from Qx numbers to true business proposition fundamentals.

Also glad to see less Elon and more team.

Still a ways to go, though. Apple-level unified architecture and ecosystem vision, but no Tim Cook at the helm yet.

@GoVols! I didn't even realize I haven't logged into this site in a long time. I logged in to give you your well deserved thumbs down 😂! They literally said this investor day is not about short term quarterly reports at the beginning. You should have stopped watching it at that point. I'm glad the stock is dipping... it’s my time.
I am well aware. This was stated as the “Master Plan”. However, you have to listen carefully to everything that is said and proposed. If you think this dip is the time to buy, you might be in for a rude awakening. I don’t like losing other people’s money, when many other companies will have much better returns tomorrow and you’re also better off putting your money in companies that give out dividends. Tesla has a great future no doubt but as an investor, this is not the play right now. But what do I know, I only hold mid 9figures under my management. If your stock isn’t keeping up with inflation, why are you putting money in TSLA right now?

I did live video after-coverage with analysis of a number of the key points of investor day. Over an hour -- but then Investor day was 3.5 hours.

There is also a text article with some summaries.

I must say it was a bit of a snooze fest. Not that there were
not great points, but that could of been an hour long concise presentation.

I am well aware. This was stated as the “Master Plan”. However, you have to listen carefully to everything that is said and proposed. If you think this dip is the time to buy, you might be in for a rude awakening. I don’t like losing other people’s money, when many other companies will have much better returns tomorrow and you’re also better off putting your money in companies that give out dividends. Tesla has a great future no doubt but as an investor, this is not the play right now. But what do I know, I only hold mid 9figures under my management. If your stock isn’t keeping up with inflation, why are you putting money in TSLA right now?
So what is the right play right now, feel free to head over to….