TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Investor's General Macroeconomic / Market Discussion

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by FluxCap, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Cherry Wine

Cherry Wine Member

2. dmunjal

dmunjal Member

Those are still down. The goal of lowering corporate taxes is to increase business investment which increases productivity over the long run. Productivity is the best way to increase wages. Time will tell if this happens or not.

• Funny x 1
  3. dmunjal

dmunjal Member

4. azaz

azaz Member

lololool

5. dmunjal

dmunjal Member

6. Cherry Wine

Cherry Wine Member

• Informative x 1
  7. azaz

azaz Member

It’s defintely bad. Should’ve never linked a market correction to the idea that major banks are overleveraged

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  8. Unpilot

Unpilot Active Member

• Disagree x 1
  9. azaz

azaz Member

10. neroden

neroden Model S Owner and Frustrated Tesla Fan

corrected that for you
    Taxes were raised on the upper middle classes, you know!

(In addition to the economy going well...)

The destruction of most of the itemized deductions hit the upper middle classes hard, and don't get me started on weird stuff like the change in alimony taxation.

11. Cherry Wine

Cherry Wine Member

• Funny x 1
  12. gene

gene Supporting Member

• Like x 4
    • Funny x 3
    • Love x 1
  13. defc0n

defc0n Member

S&P sure does look like it wants to goto sub-2000

14. Intl Professor

Intl Professor Active Member

When you slough off allies, as in the abrupt twitter Syrian withdrawal announcement, weaker ones with less freedom of action, will gravitate to your adversaries. (Aristotle may have said this first or Kautilya.) Not sure of evidence but current speculation reported by Reuters supports the thesis.

Let down by U.S., Syrian Kurdish leaders look to Russia and Assad | Reuters

The president long ago must have read the Greek/Hindu masters that's why he is an active genius because he knows even better what to do. But then there is the heightened danger to the troops. But like his position on nuclear weapons, what is their point if you don't use them?

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  15. tivoboy

tivoboy Active Member

Hmm, sub 2K would be a stretch IMHO, but 220~ is a big bogey. I think the computers (and probably some humans) want to erase all of the "trump bump" gains in some way. It's not realistic, but it's a target bogey for technicians. I bought April 19 SPY 220 back in Sept for nothing. We'll see.

Overall global macro and current fear and uncerstainty can push us another 10% lower in domestic equity markets EASILY, and TSLA in that market will not perform well, for short periods. I'm still keeping the power dry at this point (for TSLA) but I did do some buying of other equities in my LTH portfolios on 12/24/18 in the last 120 seconds of the day.

If we get to my TSLA target of ~27x in the next 15 days, I'd be a buy of about 30% of the position. There will be good but not great news from the Q4 report in Feb19, and the story will probably be on the upswing.

16. Cherry Wine

Cherry Wine Member

What indicators are you using to set this particular target for TSLA?

17. defc0n

defc0n Member

4852D85E-C8CA-4BF9-8492-29F1E79605F6.jpeg

Obviously no one can claim to predict the future but that chart is screaming ~2000 to me as the next major bottom. And yes I sold almost all my equities and am in boring short term treasuries mostly now due to that strong possibility that I see.

18. defc0n

defc0n Member

If I see it break back above ~ 2630 I may change my tune.

19. Intl Professor

Intl Professor Active Member

I was startled by Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez' opposition to Pilosi's rule about matching revenues or cuts for new programs.

But here is Krugman's argument for skepticism on this as well.

Opinion | Who’s Afraid of the Budget Deficit?

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  20. neroden

neroden Model S Owner and Frustrated Tesla Fan

#2380 neroden, Jan 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    There's an even more basic principle: if you develop a reputation as untrustworthy, two-faced, not keeping your promises, not supporting the people who supported you, then nobody will be your allies.

It's one thing to decide clearly and firmly that it is time to end an alliance: to call up the King of Saudi Arabia or Netenyahu and say "Enough is enough. We are getting hurt by this alliance and you are giving us nothing while you attack our national interests. We are ending it."

Or even to say to the Kurdish allies, "We like you but we cannot win. We have to withdraw. Our allies are invited back to the US with us."

It is another to recruit locals to support our war in Afghanistan, and then when the Taliban goes after them (as they are going after all translators who worked for the US), to deny them entry to the US. Which is, of course, what the US government has been doing.

Even in the Vietnam War, another giant US blunder, the US brought the Vietnamese who had supported the US government over to live in the US. But we are keeping out the people who supported us in Afghanistan and Iraq, leaving them to die.

This means *nobody in their right mind* would ever help the US military. You don't help organizations with a reliable history of *betraying you*. Obviously it betrays US enlistees too (that's another topic).

• Like x 1