Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla iOS app - no products linked to your My Tesla account

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, in preparation of getting my S next month I downloaded the Tesla app but it gives the message 'Sing-in Failed, There are no products linked to your My Tesla account'.

Is it the case that until you actually pick up the car nothing is enabled in the app. I assume this is the case but thought I would check just in case I need to get something sorted prior to collection.

cheers in advance

Once you have the car (and your account is activated) you may want to consider hooking up a logging APP; they don't show data retrospectively, so if you want long term data logging you'd need to do that at the outset.

www.teslafi.com
teslalog.com

Pretty sure if you get an introduction to TeslaFi you get an extended trial period, pls send me a private message if you want me to do that.

If not something you've already tried you may want to look at Route Planners:

ABetterRoutePlanner.com and EVTripPlanner.com both free (you may have to register)

If you haven't stumbled over it already Will Fealey's site has some handy info

Once you have the car (and your account is activated) you may want to consider hooking up a logging APP; they don't show data retrospectively, so if you want long term data logging you'd need to do that at the outset.

www.teslafi.com
teslalog.com

Pretty sure if you get an introduction to TeslaFi you get an extended trial period, pls send me a private message if you want me to do that.

If not something you've already tried you may want to look at Route Planners:

ABetterRoutePlanner.com and EVTripPlanner.com both free (you may have to register)

If you haven't stumbled over it already Will Fealey's site has some handy info

@WannabeOwner apologies if I’ve asked this before but do you have always connected off and energy savings on to limit TeslaFi vampire drain, .i.e. enabling the car to sleep?

At the moment I don’t and the only way I can get the car to sleep is to enable Deep Sleep mode which then means most of the charging session isn’t recorded.

@DJP31 I’ve just started using TeslaFi and have managed to set up the sleep settings to minimise vampire drain. I’ve been quite satisfied with it so far.
Energy Saving is on
Always Connected is off
Both times in TeslaFi set to 15
Both conditions ticked

Works fine and once the car is asleep drain is really minimal. It slept for around 10 hrs this morning (1am after charging to 11am when I needed it) and lost 0 miles range.

@CotswoldS3X thanks for this, despite reading the sleep instructions a number of times I’m still scratching my head slightly.

Anyway, I decided to turn energy savings on and always connected off, and unchecked the deep sleep mode. For the first time in 3 weeks usage the car reported going to sleep last night, so I’m pleased with that. I’ll see how much of an impact, if any really, of having always connected off has in the app connected.

I’ve only just started using TeslaFi (I got it to check on the corked/uncorked state of my car) and 10k pre TeslaFi miles. I like all the pretty read outs and scheduling heating etc is useful. The £3.90 pm is hardly bank breaking but a noticeable difference in vampire drain would annoy me. Last night I had 62% and it was the same this morning, so that’s encouraging.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
Greetings ~ any one have suggestions on what to do next ?
I took delivery of my (fabulous) Model X on 11/22, I still get the "no products linked" when I try to use the Tesla App, The sales guy says the service folks have to mark it as delivered, the service guy said (7 days ago) "the app should be connecting but we are experiencing an issue marking sown cars from the end of last week. This has been escalated and is being addressed". I have downloaded and deleted and redownloaded the app with no change. Whom do I contact ? Other resources ? Should it take this long for this to work ? Thoughts?

Greetings ~ any one have suggestions on what to do next ?
I took delivery of my (fabulous) Model X on 11/22, I still get the "no products linked" when I try to use the Tesla App, The sales guy says the service folks have to mark it as delivered, the service guy said (7 days ago) "the app should be connecting but we are experiencing an issue marking sown cars from the end of last week. This has been escalated and is being addressed". I have downloaded and deleted and redownloaded the app with no change. Whom do I contact ? Other resources ? Should it take this long for this to work ? Thoughts?

Definitely odd. Mine was tied to the app on the day of delivery.

How about submitting a query via Tesla.com, in your profile?

My only thought is to try connecting something different, like TeslaFi, and seeing if that works. It will need your MyTesla Email address AND Password (although they don't hold that, its just to get a "token", if you get uncomfortable for some reason just change your password in MyTesla and that will invalidate all the APPs you have connected.)

All is now well. Apparently there are two ways they have to "mark it as delivered" both financial and something else. Shocking that the financial stuff was completed immediately but the latter not so much. Still not sure why it took so long, but now the app is delightful. Thanks for your thoughts and help !!!

Shocking that the financial stuff was completed immediately but the latter not so much

Afraid that's been my experience on plenty of occasions where joined-up-processes didn't exist. I reckon far too much has to be done manually by hand, rather than there being some workflow-software that ensures standard processes are completely smoothly.

Must be costing Tesla a fortune in man-hours ...