Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla iOS App not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an X but have been seeing the exact same issue. I have ATT and am having major connect issues, my wife has Verizon and can connect every time.

TC
Thanks for weighing in - at least we are not alone

I don’t know who to put pressure on.. is it more effective for me to go to Tesla and try to force them to fix the issue with ATT? Or is it better to go straight to ATT..? Who knows..

I was thinking if this problem gets the ear of the right person within Tesla that they would have a direct line to high level teams at ATT considering all of Tesla’s vehicles use ATT for connectivity.

On the other hand, I don’t have a ton of time to direct toward a feature that should be working on an expensive car.

Exact same problem here. I first noticed the issue in the afternoon on July 14th and I've tried everything from rebooting the car, phone, reinstalling the app, etc and still can't get LTE to work reliably. (it will rarely work but 95% of the time doesn't). I have an Iphone X and AT&T.

• Informative
Reactions: chdavis
Quick tip, for now I got around this by using a VPN on my phone. You can set up your phone to use one of the many VPN services out there (some are free) or set up a home VPN and connect to that. Once I connect to the VPN the app works perfectly over LTE. Hopefully this is only needed as a short term fix but at least it works. This also seems to confirm some sort of AT&T issue.

Yeah I did the same, I just googled for decent free VPNs and I found HotspotShield. The free access caps the speed and download amount per day but that is fine as I just need it occasionally to connect my app and check status or precondition my car, etc. If this becomes more long term then I will probably just quit being lazy and set up a VPN to my home network and use the OpenVPN iphone app to connect.

My guess is there is a routing issue with AT&T's network and it will probably require their network team to figure out where the issue is.

Add me and wife to this cluster F. Both Model 3 and X not working via app when on cellular. AT&T, iPhones.
Tesla says tough, apparently we already paid for the cars.

I will try the VPN fix, but it's still BS. All my other apps work fine.

Add me and wife to this cluster F. Both Model 3 and X not working via app when on cellular. AT&T, iPhones.
Tesla says tough, apparently we already paid for the cars.

I will try the VPN fix, but it's still BS. All my other apps work fine.

To be fair this doesn't seem like a Tesla issue but I could be wrong (maybe something with their App). It seems more like an AT&T problem as it started July 14th randomly without an update to the car or app. I suppose it could be a Telsa owned server/router issue as well but I would think it would affect more than just iphone and AT&T users in that case.

Has anyone used T-Mobile before? I'm seriously considering making the switch as my IPhone is paid off and not tied to the carrier and it seems to be cheaper than AT&T anyways.

AT&T has a prepaid 8GB data, with tether + unlimited talk/text for $25/month if you pay for 1 year up front. Love it. On year 2 now.

AT&T AT&T Prepaid $300 Yearly Plan with 8GB/month | WhistleOut

They didn't let me keep my postpaid number from them, but I saved over $300/year. So I got a new #... was also a hassle to get my area code correct, but we did manage to get it sorted.

To be fair this doesn't seem like a Tesla issue but I could be wrong (maybe something with their App). It seems more like an AT&T problem as it started July 14th randomly without an update to the car or app. I suppose it could be a Telsa owned server/router issue as well but I would think it would affect more than just iphone and AT&T users in that case.

Life isn't fair. This is a Tesla problem.

(I'm sure you're correct, but my Tesla doesn't work. Tesla needs to FIX IT).