TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla iphone app "Cannot Connect"

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Protone, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Protone

Protone Member

Hi,

I've had my Model S for a month. Yesterday the iPhone app stopped working. It just can't connect. It is the latest version, and I didn't update/change anything yesterday. Do this kind of things happen often, and who should I contact if it doesn't start working in couple of days?

The problem seems to be with the app and not the car or the servers, because third party app "Remote S" connects with no problem. Also, I still do receive the notifications from tesla app, so it actually does connect, it just doesn't show me any controls. It just rolls the "T" for a while and then says "cannot connect".

2. AllenWong

AllenWong Member

If Remote S still works and is issuing commands to the car without any problems, then my guess is that the official Tesla app is using an invalid token (login session) and therefore cannot connect. I recommend signing off the official app and signing back in. Let me know if that fixes it or not, as I have other suggestions on how to fix it.

As for notifications, that's a separate server from the app's server. So it would make sense if it still worked while the app doesn't.

3. Matias

Matias Active Member

IMG_0991.PNG Same here. Are user outside Finland having issues with iPhone app?

4. Matias

Matias Active Member

Works now. Apparently some temporary glitch.

5. Protone

Protone Member

Thanks guys. Mine is still not working. I have tried signing off.

6. Protone

Protone Member

Now I cant even sign in.

7. Matias

Matias Active Member

Do double hand reboot in car i.e. press both scroll wheels in car till it reboots. This may or may not help..

8. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

Our iPhones and Androids would not work on Thursday. Fine today. And oddly I had to do a reboot when I came back from supercharging that day. Did not try the app immediately after, but I received no charging notices and could not check the SOC at the time either.

9. AllenWong

AllenWong Member

Can you sign into the tesla.com website? If not, you probably need to reset your password.

10. Protone

Protone Member

Started to work this morning. I rebooted the car yesterday but that didn't help. Also tried removing the app from the phone and installing it again. App did connect once last night after trying few times, and then it lost the connection again. Anyway, now it seems to be ok. Thanks for the help!