Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla iphone app "Cannot Connect"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I've had my Model S for a month. Yesterday the iPhone app stopped working. It just can't connect. It is the latest version, and I didn't update/change anything yesterday. Do this kind of things happen often, and who should I contact if it doesn't start working in couple of days?

The problem seems to be with the app and not the car or the servers, because third party app "Remote S" connects with no problem. Also, I still do receive the notifications from tesla app, so it actually does connect, it just doesn't show me any controls. It just rolls the "T" for a while and then says "cannot connect".

If Remote S still works and is issuing commands to the car without any problems, then my guess is that the official Tesla app is using an invalid token (login session) and therefore cannot connect. I recommend signing off the official app and signing back in. Let me know if that fixes it or not, as I have other suggestions on how to fix it.

As for notifications, that's a separate server from the app's server. So it would make sense if it still worked while the app doesn't.

IMG_0991.PNG
Same here. Are user outside Finland having issues with iPhone app?

Our iPhones and Androids would not work on Thursday. Fine today. And oddly I had to do a reboot when I came back from supercharging that day. Did not try the app immediately after, but I received no charging notices and could not check the SOC at the time either.

Started to work this morning. I rebooted the car yesterday but that didn't help. Also tried removing the app from the phone and installing it again. App did connect once last night after trying few times, and then it lost the connection again. Anyway, now it seems to be ok. Thanks for the help!

Haven't been able to connect via iPhone app for some time. Noticed that the cellular bars were at 0 with a slash across them. Rebooted the display and that appeared to reset the cellular with 3.5 bars now showing. App connect is working again. Fortunately noticed that the reboot reset the max charging current to 80 amps (my wiring can only deliver 30, so I depend on the current limiter. Not a good thing to have reset.). Funny that the cellular apparently was previously working while driving, as the nav has always worked.