Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla IPO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IPO Date ?

Anyone remember the date when the IPO was supposed to start? Like everyone else I'm getting a little impatient waiting for the Model S, and I would really like to know when they can start talking again.

Cobos

Anyone remember the date when the IPO was supposed to start? Like everyone else I'm getting a little impatient waiting for the Model S, and I would really like to know when they can start talking again.

Cobos

I just read yesterday that the IPO is this June. Now at what price I do not know I am thinking around $4.50 give or take a little.

Goodness, no! A stock option is not like restricted stock, which is basically a stock award. An option means that an employee has the option of purchasing the stock at the set price (in this case, $2.21/share). If Tesla ultimately goes public and is selling for, say, $15/share, then EM could exercise his option to buy some or all of his options at $2.21 and then immediately sell them for $15, giving him a net profit of $12.79/share.

Thanks for enlightening me as I (obviously) was shooting in the dark on the stock option thing.

I think you meant 20 trillion.

Right, my math was way screwed up there for some reason.

Hey TEG,

thanks for the updated info but that article raises a few questions:

*Why is Tesla affaird to release their IPOs in a so called weak market when the stock call fall or raise at anytime their after? If the company presents a solid product it will stand on its own despite the market's mood at the time.

*Will this affect the production of the Model S in any way? If so, what will be the affects?

*Is the 100 Million needed for the building of the S?

Hey TEG,

thanks for the updated info but that article raises a few questions:

*Why is Tesla affaird to release their IPOs in a so called weak market when the stock call fall or raise at anytime their after? If the company presents a solid product it will stand on its own despite the market's mood at the time.

Most companies doing an IPO want it to happen in a strong market, not a weak one. It isn't just about future prospects, but about the $ that can be raised on the day of the IPO. Basically a big pool of stock is sold to the first round of investors at a price determined by market demand on the day of the IPO. So if you IPO during a down market you can't raise as much cash for the company.
Sure there can be future sales from companies and individuals that can be timed later, but there is that initial lump that you want to maximize on day 1.

And, yes, I imagine they could use those $ right away.

And, by the way, none of what I say here should be construed as any sort of investment advice.

And, by the way, none of what I say here should be construed as any sort of investment advice.

Most companies doing an IPO want it to happen in a strong market, not a weak one.

TEG,

Trust me; I would not use a TMC forum as an investment source. On the other hand this is the strongest this market has been in a good while.

With that being said, I guess TM is dotting all the "i's" and crossing the "t's".

Last edited by a moderator: