Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla is a "Novelty Vehicle"...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Give the company another 6-9 months. Based on the improvements they have implement in less than one year post launch (P+ package, parking sensors, cold weather, "sport" (misnomer for sure) seats, new wheel options, lighting,...) it seems clear to me that they have taken a page straight out of the BMW/Mercedes/ Porsche playbook on upgrade options. I'm sure that they are hearing the comments about interior lux vs. competitors.

Give the company another 6-9 months. Based on the improvements they have implement in less than one year post launch (P+ package, parking sensors, cold weather, "sport" (misnomer for sure) seats, new wheel options, lighting,...) it seems clear to me that they have taken a page straight out of the BMW/Mercedes/ Porsche playbook on upgrade options. I'm sure that they are hearing the comments about interior lux vs. competitors.

I agree that things have gotten much better, but I also think it will take some time to really be at the level of BMW/Audi/Porsche in terms of interior / exterior finish. Don't underestimate the amount of work "sound engineers" put into a car to make sure the door slams just right etc.

Personally, I don't think this stuff matters to me but I think a lot of traditional luxury dealers will talk exactly about these items "you want to buy a car that doesn't even get the gaps right and you want to spend 100k on it?"...