Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla is canceling some deliveries which was scheduled at Dec 31 2019 8PM!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am signed up for 5-7 pm at Fremont Delivery Center. I think the "party" moves over to the Factory at 8 pm since buyers have been receiving emails to go there to pick up their new cars then at a "Delivery Event". It will be interesting to see what kind of "Event" this is and if Elon or another C-level shows up for it.

It seems they want to eliminate the time it takes Tesla drivers to drive cars from the Fremont Factory Outboard Logistics lot to FDC and various temporary staging parking lots that were used last year and in 2017. That was crazy! I makes sense to delivery the cars right out of outbound logistics using a large (white of course!) tent with wifi connected to the Tesla iPads. That is what I expect they will do.

Tesla loves tents as we all know.

Dress warm!

Russ

Thanks Russ. I was at factory today and already they have no parking signs coming up .... in front of showroom and next parking lots.

SA told me that some great surprise are planned.

I am expecting they might show a working Model Y.

Reactions: goletaspring
Thanks Russ. I was at factory today and already they have no parking signs coming up .... in front of showroom and next parking lots.

SA told me that some great surprise are planned.

I am expecting they might show a working Model Y.

I will go to V3 "supercharge" there tomorrow to check it out.

In past years they installed a huge white tent for final detailing in the back and deliveries in the front. This year, I'm thinking the tent will be used for the party and iPad sign-offs. People will be shuttled over to the Outboard Logistics parking lot to pick up their new cars. This is my guess.

Like what happens at the Annual Stockholders' Meetings in Mt. View Computer History Museum, I expect that not only will we be able to see working Model Y's -- hopefully get to ride in (or at least seat in one) -- but I fully expect that the Cybertruck prototype will be shipped up from Hawthorne and shown. That would be the "great surprise" the SA mentioned -- besides Elon himself would naturally show up if he's in town instead of in LA with his kids and Grimes. (The Semi was also at the TSLA meeting.)

Russ

PS. I charged at Hawthorne in LA (SpaceX in front of Tesla Design Studio) a few weeks ago since it has some V3. I spoke with the security guard. He said he was on the security detail for Cybertruck reveal. Said it is "huge" you won't believe its size. Said they were keeping it in storage right now, and bring it to Hawthorne whenever Elon needs a hot ride to impress his dates. (I added the last phrase lol)

I’m hoping Tesla will live stream the event or someone else going will. Personally I would be happy taking delivery at a special event like this (we’ve had our cars for a while so not part of this quarterly event), which I think will be a milestone for Tesla. When we picked up my car Q3 2018 at the Fremont DC we found out that Elon had shown up there earlier in the day. We did go to a special event held recognizing Roadster owners and Franz attended that one. So initially I mentioned when someone first posted about getting this special delivery event that there could be surprise guests I was thinking maybe Elon but didn’t want to get anyone’s hopes up and then be wrong. Hearing some of the changes at the Factory though I’m thinking it will be big.

I received the text about the 31 delivery notice 5 days ago, and checked in person with both centers this morning and got confirmation and explanation why I did not get the vin. Still this Sxxt happened
I was told 6-10 weeks for delivery and would “definitely be before 12/31. At week 8 I got a text saying my car would soon be ready to pick up at the dealer. I was to go on a website and make an appointment. First available was 3 days away. Got a call from the dealer (I know, they’re not “dealers”) saying I could come in the next day and get it. Never got a VIN number...

I purchased my car on 11/30. I was told me delivery date was 12/29 (tomorrow). I got my VIN and an email to make my payment (so I did). I get a call from Tesla today letting me know they can no longer make that date and that my car will be available in late January instead (that's almost a month later). The rep on the phone told me they will prob offer a discount or something to compensate for this but he told me I would have to talk to my sales rep. I sent them an email today. Hopefully they respond. :(

I purchased my car on 11/30. I was told me delivery date was 12/29 (tomorrow). I got my VIN and an email to make my payment (so I did). I get a call from Tesla today letting me know they can no longer make that date and that my car will be available in late January instead (that's almost a month later). The rep on the phone told me they will prob offer a discount or something to compensate for this but he told me I would have to talk to my sales rep. I sent them an email today. Hopefully they respond. :(
Oh no. That’s terrible. Did you get a MVPA too?

I ordered a model 3 on 12/1/19. I received a text before Christmas that my car would be ready 12/29, and I scheduled to pick up in Costa Mesa. I received another text 12/27 saying the car would be ready 12/31 at 6:30. Today I received a phone call that my car would be built in January and they’ll let me know when it’s ready. It’s an inconvenience for sure, I presently am without a car, but I’m not going to cancel my order...not today anyway.

If the discount price is greater than the tax benefit, you should consider.
n
What's weird is you keep using that word fooled, but want to backtrack on that claim.

You said you're complaining about Tesla the company, and not about a person. And yet you said your salesman "sucks" and has "terrible attitude", and was baffled why he was so "happy" to just offer you a refund.

I'm telling you why: because that salesman likely has no resources or recourse to deliver you the car you want this year, if he can't offer do it by December 31st, 8pm; and it's already Saturday 28th now.

It's really as simple as that. I have no allegiance to Tesla, and no affiliation besides owning a car. What I told you is just an impartial, sensical explaination. And you want to get personal with me about attitudes and outlooks because you didn't like what you read. If I write what I infer about your attitude, you would like it even less.
well, this is not a debate but you go after word by word just want to win, what a boring people

Ordered Model 3 on Nov 29
Received text saying it's coming out of production on Dec 24
Scheduled for delivery on Dec 26 and received VIN number but not MVPA
Rescheduled to Dec 28 with no MVPA still
Rescheduled to Dec 29 with no MVPA still
Rescheduled to Dec 30 with no MVPA still

My BoA told me the loan will take 2 business day to process. But I still haven't got my MVPA. FML:rolleyes:

From what I can tell it looks like the last batch of SR+ cars that were scheduled to be built got pushed back. I don’t think any AWD or Performance orders were cancelled. The existing inventory site continues to be populated with new inventory throughout the day although it sells out quickly. But if you are flexible on trim level I would keep an eye on the inventory site.

The sales reps can’t promise to credit the $1,875 because they don’t have authority to do so. Last year Elon did tweet that if you placed your order and they couldn’t delivery by 12/31 they would cover the $3,750 that you missed out on by waiting until January. We haven’t heard anything from Elon yet but I’m sure someone is going to tweet him about this. It’s really not that much money, especially on cars that had either FSD or a paint or wheel upgrade. My guess is they will do something for the people who missed their deliveries but it’s probably too soon to know what that might be.

Hang in there everyone. There are still three days left and anything can happen. Orders get cancelled, new inventory shows up at the last minute. Tesla has never had this much demand for their product so we are in unfamiliar territory here.
wow, looks like you are an insider and thanks for sharing the information! My SA just rudely told me that my car cannot be delivered by EoY and he can 'do me a favor and offer refund', also for me it's not only the 1750 incentive but the state tax incentive. Next year I won't qualify the state one. So I am thinking of buying a Prius rather than waste of my time on this car

You might still get a car since some people will get cold feet, etc. They are *really* disorganized at end of quarter with all their internal volunteers that don't know what they are doing! It is a zoo in my experience and very fluid situation.

I will be volunteering this year on 12/31 and volunteered last year to show people how to pair their phones, etc.

Here is my 9/30/2018 last day of 2018 Q3 Model 3 story: (briefly) I'm a stockholder so was doing them a favor I could have waited until Q4 with same tax credit.

1. They let me out of my $2K+/month March 2016 Model X P90D lease 6 months early so I could buy a Model 3 Performance. Note it had to be a Performance model to cover their hit on the early lease return. Okay - whatever.

2. They were supposed to home deliver it to my Fremont house on 9/30 midday from their home delivery hub south of factory on Kato (used to be old Fremont service). No show and no contact. WTF?

3. I drove to said home delivery hub. Manager searched "no cars" for home delivery we're really sorry. Why don't you go to the Fremont Delivery Center to see if they can help you?

4. Drove to Fremont Delivery Center and talked to a manager who searched inventory: "We have a VIN we can give you, it's not Performance, and it is black instead of white interior, would that work?" [me: Yes! I didn't really want Performance anyway since my wife didn't like it whenever I "launched" our Model X].

5. I asked like 5 times "Are you sure I can return the X 6 months early to buy this Model 3 Dual Motor w/ AP"? They called "Ownership Loyalty" and got approval.

6. Closed the deal on the iPad around 11 pm. Hung around to help other people with basic operation of their new cars.

7. Left our Model X parked where they told me to.

8. It took until January 2019(!!!) for TSLA and US Bank to inspect the 2016 Model X P90D and close out my lease. Good thing I saved a bunch of photos to document the condition. There were no extra charges except for some extra miles.

Bottom line: Tesla is all hands on deck 12/31/2019. If I were in your shoes, I would just show up with my original email invitation (play dumb) and try to pick up your car. if they can locate a Model 3 that meets your requirements they will definitely sell it to you to help their 2019 Q4 and 2019 annual sales and financials.

You might even see Elon there if he's in town at this "event". He dropped by on 12/31/2017 with former CFO Uhuja at Fremont Delivery Center. My friend said CFO was personally "approving" personal checks to pay cash! No kidding.

Worst case you can enjoy a special Tesla event with DJ, food and drinks (if it's like other "events" I've attended), and meet some other owners.

Good luck!!

Russ
Thanks a lot Russ for your sharing of infomation for all the people who are the first time dealing with Tesla.

Oh no. That’s terrible. Did you get a MVPA too?
Yes! I have the MVPA with the 12/29/19 date on it. I already paid and signed the agreement expecting the car to be delivered today. I hope they update it since this would mean I'm not paying for a car I don't even have yet. I see a lot of posts on here saying they never got a VIN or MVPA. I don't think it matters since I got both (almost within a week or two of placing my order) and I still don't have a car. :( The rep did say they're expecting it to be ready by mid/late January but I'm not sure if I can actually believe them now.

Has anyone given up and cancelled their order? I am considering this. What was that process like? How long before they refunded your payment?
I did it through the online accounts management page. Hit a button. Don't need to provide a reason to anyone. Nobody will contact to talk you out of it.

I wanna say the deposit got refunded by week 2 or so.

This was for 1 stalled (=unmatched) order, and 1 that had a scheduled delivery (I took another delivery scheduled for same day).

Reactions: gelabela