TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla is flying 12 randomly selected 1st day model 3 revs to gigafactory opening

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Gilzo, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Gilzo

Gilzo Member

2. MiamiNole

MiamiNole Member

Was just about to make a topic. Did any TMC forum goers get a "Golden Ticket"?

3. EinSV

EinSV Active Member

4. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

The email from Tesla quoted in that article says:

"Through random selection, Tesla has chosen twelve Golden Ticket winners from all those that placed Model 3 Reservations on the opening date to receive an all-expenses paid trip to our Gigafactory Grand Opening event on July 29th, 2016 in Reno, Nevada."

Does "opening day" mean March 31st? I assume so. Unfortunately, I did not place my 3 reservation until April 1st, I was at sea on the 31st and outside the US so could not make it any earlier.

5. Jason Bourne

Jason Bourne Member

I won't lie, I'd like to win that golden ticket. But odds aren't good that I will, so congratulations to the people who do.

Two requests to the lucky winners:
    1) Please consider taking me with you as your +1. I will pay you.
    2) Please take lots of pictures (as much as they'll allow) and notes of everything, and give us all the juicy details.

• Like x 1
  6. Gilzo

Gilzo Member

Inbox - checked
    Spam box - checked
    Junk box - checked
    Deleted box - checked

Re-checked for all of the above 3 times and yet I didn't have different results..just nothing!

I feel like I lost my best friend! Man that would have been nice.

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 1
  7. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

Checked my inbox and spam filter. No luck. If anyone here gets one, though, I totally want to see them dancing to the Golden Ticket song from the original Willy Wonka. ;)

• Like x 1
  8. Johann Koeber

Johann Koeber Active Member

At least you got my attention.

Checked all mailboxes. Sorry.

9. Bimbels

Bimbels GoldMember

Someone on the Tesla motors forum got one. I've messaged hubby to check his email. :)

• Like x 1
  10. Jason Bourne

Jason Bourne Member

How do we know that all 12 invites have already been sent? Maybe some will be sent later today or tmrw?

11. Bruin1996

Bruin1996 Member

I think that Tesla should have a Silver Ticket (maybe 500) drawing for Model 3 line waiters for the Gigafactory opening where the winners pay their own travel and lodging expenses and only get admission to the event. What do you all think?

• Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  12. MarcCBR

MarcCBR Member

I checked my inbox and the only damn thing in there worthwhile was a damn bill for my motorcycle insurance.:mad::(

• Funny x 1
  13. Striker3000s

Striker3000s Member

I would assume with it only being 12 that they were all send at once. But..... We can hope!!

Anyway none for me.

14. Adrien

Adrien Member

I've been a bunch of times for work projects I had out there. Not too impressive, but can't wait for the full site to be built in a few years. The size is already impressive. Every time I am there I ask if the Model 3 is there :D. Just missed it when it came in for the photo shoot. No, if you have questions about the factory I am not at liberty to speak about it. Yes, NDA was signed

• Like x 1
  15. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

I think that I live 6 or 7 hour's drive from the nearest store, and getting there wouldn't have been practical on the day of the reveal.

2 day's drive if I had to do it in a Model S, since there are no Superchargers in this province, and none being planned.

16. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

Will there be everlasting gobstoppers and fizzy lifting drink?

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  17. Att1cus

Att1cus Member

Darn, this would have been pretty cool. Triple checked all folders in my Gmail but no dice. Would love to get to see Gigafactory 1! I would assume that the silver Model 3 prototype will make an appearance. Would really like to see the car in person and get a better idea of the size.

18. jeshar

jeshar New Member

Hey, my colleague got the email (and she has a +1 already, sorry about that in advance) but I was wondering if this is legit? Because the website nor any Tesla official account did not mention this at all.

19. Spenny818

Spenny818 Member

Tesla has confirmed that it is legit.

20. timk225

timk225 Active Member

Check my information, Tesla, you must have sent my invite to the wrong email.......

• Funny x 3