Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla is flying 12 randomly selected 1st day model 3 revs to gigafactory opening

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The email from Tesla quoted in that article says:

"Through random selection, Tesla has chosen twelve Golden Ticket winners from all those that placed Model 3 Reservations on the opening date to receive an all-expenses paid trip to our Gigafactory Grand Opening event on July 29th, 2016 in Reno, Nevada."

Does "opening day" mean March 31st? I assume so. Unfortunately, I did not place my 3 reservation until April 1st, I was at sea on the 31st and outside the US so could not make it any earlier.

I won't lie, I'd like to win that golden ticket. But odds aren't good that I will, so congratulations to the people who do.

Two requests to the lucky winners:
1) Please consider taking me with you as your +1. I will pay you.
2) Please take lots of pictures (as much as they'll allow) and notes of everything, and give us all the juicy details.

Reactions: Gilzo
I've been a bunch of times for work projects I had out there. Not too impressive, but can't wait for the full site to be built in a few years. The size is already impressive. Every time I am there I ask if the Model 3 is there :D. Just missed it when it came in for the photo shoot. No, if you have questions about the factory I am not at liberty to speak about it. Yes, NDA was signed

Reactions: S'toon
I think that Tesla should have a Silver Ticket (maybe 500) drawing for Model 3 line waiters for the Gigafactory opening where the winners pay their own travel and lodging expenses and only get admission to the event. What do you all think?
I think that I live 6 or 7 hour's drive from the nearest store, and getting there wouldn't have been practical on the day of the reveal.

2 day's drive if I had to do it in a Model S, since there are no Superchargers in this province, and none being planned.

Darn, this would have been pretty cool. Triple checked all folders in my Gmail but no dice. Would love to get to see Gigafactory 1! I would assume that the silver Model 3 prototype will make an appearance. Would really like to see the car in person and get a better idea of the size.