Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla is losing me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The bugs are so numerous now... It's impossible to call them all out... TACC is now a total mess with this new "speed reset feature", the media player can't remember anything (not to mention the constant tunein skips and the lack of radio.com support), my car wakes up in jack mode every time now, prior to V9 I NEVER had the green "systems are powering up" crap and now I get it all of the time, moving the cold weather UI to the HVAC controls was so far beyond stupid, the lack of control on when the mirrors unfold, I could go on...

I haven't noticed the media player problems, but then again, I mostly stream content from my phone over Bluetooth, so I don't pay much attention to the built-in player. And I haven't noticed the jack mode, but I probably wouldn't know the difference. And I don't care much about the mirrors. I didn't like the cold weather move, either, though I can at least tolerate that.

But the speed reset "feature" is a disaster. Whoever came up with that idea must have never driven a car of any kind. I want to set my cruise speed ONCE based on the speed of the road. The absolute LAST thing I want when I suddenly have to override autosteer to change lanes because it is being a scaredy-cat is to then have it not freaking accelerate after the lane change and force me to take my eyes away from the road for an extra ten seconds to set the cruise speed.

Roll it back. For the love of all that is good and holy, Tesla, roll it back.

I don't think my 6-year-old Model S has held it's resale value very well. But regardless, when Tesla issues an update that removes functionality that I've grown to depend on, that's just not acceptable. And that they've spent any resources at all on a fart app is just insulting.

Probably an intern project. Just saying.

How do you feel when Apple changes their phones...like removing the Home button or making software changes? It is possible when tech companies make changes it can actually benefit the end user if they give it a chance. I was skeptical when Apple removed the Home button and now I wonder why it ever had one.

By contrast, I've used a home-button-less Android phone, and find it seriously annoying. The tactile feedback of a physical button actually makes a big difference in usability from my perspective, and I can't see myself upgrading my iPhone 6s for the forseeable future, in part because of that nonsense infecting Apple's otherwise normally good industrial design.

I think the pinnacle of Apple hardware design was the iPhone 5s. Too bad the pinnacle of their OS design was iOS 6, which never ran on it. Everything since then has been a slow downhill slide.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: mxnym and jeffro01