Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla is not a luxury car, but a money saving machine.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1.Is Tesla’s insurance expensive?
I used MetLife insurance, registered as a corporate car, the car is 860,000 RMB, Liability is 500,000 RMB. No theft, and waterlogging insurance since it cannot be stolen or damaged by the water. There’s no need to buy waterlogging insurance, because that is for internal combustion engine, which Tesla doesn’t have. Saves 270 RMB/year.
2.Is Tesla expensive?
To be honest, Tesla is not expensive in China, it costs almost the same as in the U.S. Other cars like Range Rover and Porsche, their prices in China is nearly more twice than US. All the cars are made in the US -- the frame of the car is made of aluminum, gear shifter is from Benz and the battery pack is from Panasonic. Everything is imported as Tesla promised.
3.Is the maintenance of a Tesla expensive?
Because there’s no internal combustion engine, tesla’s mechanical structure is really simple. All you need to do is to change the breaks and the tires, also cost you nothing. Computer to other luxury cars, Tesla can save you at least 30,000 RMB a year.
4.Is Tesla’s Maintenance fees expensive?
Tesla is very pleased since it no need any maintenance except of replacing Brake, tire, Air filter.

Conclusion: Tesla is a money saving machine, it’s not a luxury car, wish you have a great driving experience with Tesla.

500_wKjByVeuEI-AU_bKAANcGYvHGIg924.jpg

Enjoy the car.

Depending upon what exactly the waterlogging insurance covers, I think @Btr_ftw would be to differ on if it required or not. The damage from flooding is generally to the electrical system in a gas-powered car, not the gasoline engine. If that insurance just covers mechanical damage from a gasoline engine ingesting water and suffering a failure due to hydraulic lock, it is extraneous. If that covers damage from the car sitting in water, particularly seawater from hurricanes or typhoons, I think you want the coverage.

Repairing a Flooded Tesla Model S : HOW-TO

He purchased a vehicle that was flooded with sea water in ?Hurricane Sandy?. You can browse through this very long thread on all the damage that the salt water caused to the vehicle (the insurance company totaled the vehicle). If your normal insurance policy doesn't cover flood damage, I'd be cautious about not adding that coverage since you're living in a coastal area.

1lb8bfh-jpg.163650

jirwpck-jpg.163651

3t07pa0-jpg.163693

yc2p1zh-jpg.164071

I was thinking the thread had the picture of this particular car sitting in storm surge seawater, but didn't find it in the first 25 pages of the thread that I scanned. You get the idea though...