Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla is not willing to fix those common issues for my Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Second row seat fold sensor is not working (reporting needs to be locked when fold down)

SC: Wear and tear, not covered by Extended warranty

Driver lumbar support not working (not moving at all)

Squeak noise from control arm (at any suspension height)

Acceleration shudder (at any suspension height, even very low)

Static noise from front speaker

SC: It's normal (and we all know it's not)

So what's covered then? and there is no way i can get issue to be escalated or complain about it

Control arm on my '16 X was covered by them when I brought it in near end of my warranty period. I think I was at 48k miles or something like that. Tech went for a drive with me in the parking lot and confirmed squeaky noise, and replaced the part under warranty. Almost like he knew what's wrong, he didn't even look at the car, just drove and confirmed noise, then told rep to write it up as warranty part.

-ThinkMac-

Control arm on my '16 X was covered by them when I brought it in near end of my warranty period. I think I was at 48k miles or something like that. Tech went for a drive with me in the parking lot and confirmed squeaky noise, and replaced the part under warranty. Almost like he knew what's wrong, he didn't even look at the car, just drove and confirmed noise, then told rep to write it up as warranty part.

-ThinkMac-

I am 100km away from the end of my extended warranty, based on my conversation in 2018, control arm is part of the drivetrain & battery warranty, but somehow in 2020, it's not anymore, and just use wear & tear to cover it.

Not sure if Tesla saw my message here on the forum,

They order a replacement driver seat for me!

2nd row fold seat turns out actually a calibration issue, so it should happen no more!

They are going to change the half shaft, clevis mount and control arm to fix shudder and squeak.

unfortunately, they could not fix the static noise issue, said they could not replicate it but I wanna show them personally when i pick up the car

Not sure if Tesla saw my message here on the forum,

They order a replacement driver seat for me!

2nd row fold seat turns out actually a calibration issue, so it should happen no more!

They are going to change the half shaft, clevis mount and control arm to fix shudder and squeak.

unfortunately, they could not fix the static noise issue, said they could not replicate it but I wanna show them personally when i pick up the car

Looks like the thread title should be updated. ;)