Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla is now advertising on Twitter!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Padelford

Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2017
Seattle
Found the following today:

IMG_2162.jpeg
IMG_2163.jpeg
IMG_2161.jpeg

This after Elon steadfastly refused to advertise. I wonder if Tesla is now paying for these ads. Elon is desperate for Twitter income.

• Disagree
Reactions: Electroman
Hey, I saw those Tesla ads on Twitter too! It's interesting how things evolve, right? As for Elon and advertising, well, sometimes circumstances change.
However, I wouldn't jump to conclusions about Elon being desperate for Twitter income. He's known for his unconventional approaches, and maybe this is just another strategic move. I think that Twitter is not the only platform he's using to advertise his tesla; don't forget about tools like SEO. Here you can find some articles about how it works SEO Competitor Research Guide. I hope that will clear things up.

The main reasons Tesla is advertising on Twitter :

- to gauge the effectiveness of advertisements in Twitters, get some data and fine tune it. In general the platform used by advertisers cannot get deep insights into effectiveness on how it helped in the sales. All they get is how many watched the video and how many clicked and after that it is a black hole for them.

Now in this case though they can correlate the name in the CC, email and such and see if those that clicked on the Ad also engaged Tesla. Twitter did advertise for Starlink and Musk specifically mentioned this aspect.

- second, it helps shore up the bottom line for Twitter in these difficult days, and for Tesla it is chump change and a rounding error

So this Ad initiative is primarily to help Twitter and not so much Tesla