Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla is offering double cash offer and 10000 miles supercharger credit than when I got my Model Y. I feel I Got ripped..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JImmyW

Dec 24, 2022
CA
I got my Model Y delivered on 12/8 with $3750 cash offer. But now Tesla is offering $7500 cash offer and 10000 mi Supercharger credit if taking delivery between 12/21 - 12/31.
I’m pretty sure Tesla already had this all planned. I felt I got totally ripped off when I found out about it on News.
Will Tesla do price match? Is it worth of trying to fight for it?!

I got my Model Y delivered on 12/8 with $3750 cash offer. But now Tesla is offering $7500 cash offer and 10000 mi Supercharger credit if taking delivery between 12/21 - 12/31.
I’m pretty sure Tesla already had this all planned. I felt I got totally ripped off when I found out about it on News.
Will Tesla do price match? Is it worth of trying to fight for it?!
It's not like you bought a shirt at Macy's and then it went on sale so you could take advantage of the new price.
What about the people that bought their Tesla before Dec. 1? They got nothing - at least you got $3,750 so stop whining.

Upvote 1
Manufactures do this all the time to clear out old inventory. Tesla most likely raised the discounts because the cars weren't selling fast enough. Tesla could offer massive discounts the week after New Years to get rid of left over 2022s. Some Legacy Dealers are send new vehicles to auction because they aren't selling on the lots.

A person has a new car franchise, has a brick and mortar building to sell the new cars out of but sends the new car inventory to auction-what a messed up business model.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Upvote 0
A person has a new car franchise, has a brick and mortar building to sell the new cars out of but sends the new car inventory to auction-what a messed up business model.
It’s not normal and at the end of the day doesn’t count toward your minimums to bonus.

I do know of a couple Hyundai stores that were punching (this starts the warranty clock) Palisades and Tucson’s as loaners, and sending the cars to auction.

It kinda struck me as odd because even if you don’t markup over list, finance can still make some serious money on a sale and you still get the credit for the unit moved..

Upvote 0
I got my Y delivered on 12/17, and the delivery person told me in addition to the $3750, I would also be getting the 10,000 miles, but that I likely wouldn't see it till Jan. Having not received the miles yet, I'm wondering if his claim was accurate, or if I just need to be more patient.

Upvote 0
I got my Y delivered on 12/17, and the delivery person told me in addition to the $3750, I would also be getting the 10,000 miles, but that I likely wouldn't see it till Jan. Having not received the miles yet, I'm wondering if his claim was accurate, or if I just need to be more patient.
This seems inaccurate, unless I’m mistaken reports of the 10k miles incentive started appearing 12/21 and it was on the website by end of that day that it was for deliveries accepted between 12/21 - 12/31

Miles should show up approx Jan 6 I believe but I don’t think you’ll get them based on when you took delivery.

Upvote 0
This seems inaccurate, unless I’m mistaken reports of the 10k miles incentive started appearing 12/21 and it was on the website by end of that day that it was for deliveries accepted between 12/21 - 12/31

Miles should show up approx Jan 6 I believe but I don’t think you’ll get them based on when you took delivery.
Got them! Just checked my app, and the 10,000 are in there. Pretty sure the 10,000 miles applied to anyone who received their Tesla from 12/15-12/31. The increase in incentive from $3750 to $7500 applied to those who took delivery 12/21-12/31. Missed out on that one by 4 days.

Upvote 0