Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla is once again not selling parts for salvage vehicles.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has been selling parts to support salvage vehicles for about 2 years. Now they have decided they will no longer sell any parts for unsupported vehicles. I can't even buy an air filter for my car.
sfFfO2Z.png

I've spent over $150k in 2019 on parts alone from Tesla and now I can't even reach the parts department. I pay full retail price on all of these parts. Tesla Approved Body Shops receive a 30% discount on all parts, so Tesla definitely makes a profit on these parts.

It makes me sad that a company that is so invested into a greener future has again decided to stop supporting salvage vehicles.

/Rant

Tesla has been selling parts to support salvage vehicles for about 2 years. Now they have decided they will no longer sell any parts for unsupported vehicles. I can't even buy an air filter for my car.
sfFfO2Z.png

I've spent over $150k in 2019 on parts alone from Tesla and now I can't even reach the parts department. I pay full retail price on all of these parts. Tesla Approved Body Shops receive a 30% discount on all parts, so Tesla definitely makes a profit on these parts.

It makes me sad that a company that is so invested into a greener future has again decided to stop supporting salvage vehicles.

/Rant
Luckily you have guys like me who part out salvage and wrecked Model S’s and have a solid inventory of parts to take care of most if not all your needs! Shoot me a message and I’ll take care of you or anyone else looking for Tesla parts

Tesla has never not sold me parts for my P85D. I destroyed my main lower rear suspension links and integral links with the wrong tire chains. I purchased them directly from Tesla and replaced them myself.

I've also bought directly from Tesla:

Right rear air spring because mine developed rattling sound.
Forelinks because I wanted to replace them before mine break on their own which they will eventually.
Lighted vanity mirrors/visors to retrofit.
12 volt battery (5 minute swap)

I've bought even more parts from a local certified Tesla body shop that I've done business with for years.

My suggestion to you is to buy the parts through a body shop instead.

sfFfO2Z.png

/Rant

You should point them to their official policy that states parts availability is not impacted because of the title status: Privacy & Legal | Tesla

Some service centers/staff don't know what the current policy is and need educated.

You should point them to their official policy that states parts availability is not impacted because of the title status: Privacy & Legal | Tesla

Some service centers/staff don't know what the current policy is and need educated.

...and specifically from that document: "Parts availability is not affected. Any Unrestricted or Over-the-Counter part may be purchased for a salvage-titled vehicle."

Luckily you have guys like me who part out salvage and wrecked Model S’s and have a solid inventory of parts to take care of most if not all your needs! Shoot me a message and I’ll take care of you or anyone else looking for Tesla parts
Absolutely useful to have parted out cars, though for an air filter (per OP) I'm not sure I'd want one from the salvage yard.

Reactions: dannycamps
They have cut off anyone who wants to fix their cars. I'm way out of warranty. I've started replacing everything. Off eBay.
Thank God these guys are parting out wreaked cars. The hubs are standard, got off Ebay, brake pads. Only big problem I see is buying a 12v battery. Only Tesla has them. They dont want us changing it.
Some how we need to get to Elon, tell him his Karma is going to the bottoms. As our cars get old, us gear heads want to fix them, and you cant get a appointment for months at SC.
This is only going to get really worse day by day. Buckle up folks for a bad ride till Elon fixed this attitude.

They have cut off anyone who wants to fix their cars. I'm way out of warranty. I've started replacing everything. Off eBay.
Thank God these guys are parting out wreaked cars. The hubs are standard, got off Ebay, brake pads. Only big problem I see is buying a 12v battery. Only Tesla has them. They dont want us changing it.
Some how we need to get to Elon, tell him his Karma is going to the bottoms. As our cars get old, us gear heads want to fix them, and you cant get a appointment for months at SC.
This is only going to get really worse day by day. Buckle up folks for a bad ride till Elon fixed this attitude.
https://www.amazon.com/12V-Lithium-Battery-Tesla-Model/dp/B07K2DB3MP

Reactions: Evoforce
Reactions: Gixx1300R
I thought Elon/Tesla had some form of strategy/plan/mission for recycling Tesla's once said Tesla's hit their end of life? Not the case?
If not, they absolutely should support persons who are rebuilding salvage Teslas. As long as they pass specific safety criteria set forth by Tesla, whats the issue? That would support Elon's overall sustainability charter

This seems like an anti-environmental policy to me. More electric cars on the road is better than fewer, especially when gas burning cars can be repaired and stay driving for much longer.

yeah.....sadly, I am seriously considering trading in my beloved Tesla for something else as it gets closer to out of warranty. I was an "early adopter" with my first Tesla....then traded it in for another in 2017.. But...the amount of "no's" heard at parts and service locations has me concerned about keeping it going. It looks like a fact that as was said above: "gas burning cars can be repaired and stay driving for much longer." The FSD I paid for and was promised in "a few months, just look at what Elon tweeted" appears to dissolve in a fog. I have 8 cameras in my HW 2.0 that I guess I could get something out of if I pay another $2500 for "infotainment" that includes recording. It has slowly morphed from the thrills of 2013 (my original car) with outstanding service and loaners to multiple dissapointments, lots of "no", service dates that are far out when they agree to look at something, and standing in the rain waiting for Uber "loaners".

No doubt the car is fun to drive NOW. What does the future hold? A continued downward slide on service, parts, and promises. Worrying.