Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla is once again not selling parts for salvage vehicles.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think we're seeing any anti-environment policies or what some of the alarmist comments seem to suggest. However I do think people should keep pressure up so Tesla understands there is a large community they need to support for parts. Safety is a concern of theirs, which is fine and should be there. But helping owners when it doesn't breach safety problems is also huge. So all of you that do work with damaged vehicles ... keep letting Tesla know when they drop the ball this way.

Ook in Nederland is de service steeds slechter. Ik ben er van overtuigd dat veel vormalig Mercedes, Bmw en Audi rijders ,( zodra deze merken door hebben hoe een goede electrische auto te bouwen) weer terug gaan naar hun oude merk als Tesla niet heel snel iets aan zijn service gaat doen.

Tesla has been selling parts to support salvage vehicles for about 2 years. Now they have decided they will no longer sell any parts for unsupported vehicles. I can't even buy an air filter for my car.

That's completely ridiculous and warrants a twitter shipstorm until they make it right. It's absolutely NOT their mission to produce throwaway cars, so maintaining vehicles that work should make sense to them. Sure, lock out cars that were officially totaled from SC for safety reasons if you insist, but not selling basic parts is indefensible.

If I may inquire, why “literally “ no option?

Besides that 500 dollar LiPO battery I guess...

Literally? Short story long:

Because tesla uses reversed polarity for who knows why reason. So any battery that "fits" wont have the right terminals charged at the ends where it needs to be. Because the fuse panel sits ontop of the battery in a very specific configuration, you would need to fabricate something to flip that, destroy a perfectly good battery trying to reverse the polarity of it, or create/buy wire extensions to criss-cross the negative/positive ends to reach the fuse panel (this was my creative option but i didn't take it very far).

Actually, the LiFePO4 battery (which lasts 10x longer than Lead-acid) now has terminals on the short edge, and special adapter cables for any situation.

And I've just found that they've improved the design, so the 50AH battery is smaller in physical size than the OEM C&D 33AH. You could put a 60AH LiFePO4 in now, maybe larger.

Being Salvage, I would rather not become stranded due to a stupid 12v battery failure so I went this route. And Bioenno's customer service has been very good to me.

I am not associated in any way with Bioenno except as a customer. YMWNV.

• Informative
Reactions: Evoforce
Actually, the LiFePO4 battery (which lasts 10x longer than Lead-acid) now has terminals on the short edge, and special adapter cables for any situation.

And I've just found that they've improved the design, so the 50AH battery is smaller in physical size than the OEM C&D 33AH. You could put a 60AH LiFePO4 in now, maybe larger.

Being Salvage, I would rather not become stranded due to a stupid 12v battery failure so I went this route. And Bioenno's customer service has been very good to me.

I am not associated in any way with Bioenno except as a customer. YMWNV.

I definitely agree that its likely a better battery, but i can't justify 500 bucks on a 12v. Some people can, i do not fault them in any way for it