TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla is Replacing LED Headlamp - But I have XPEL

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Hota, May 27, 2017.

1. Hota

Hota Member

I'm getting my passenger headlamp assembly replaced under warranty due to a buzzing sound that doesn't stop after the headlight and car turns off. Unfortunately, I've had XPEL applied to the headlamp.

Has anyone had any experience getting Tesla to cover the cost of something aftermarket like that?

2. boonedocks

boonedocks Member

My installer recovered the drivers side headlamp lamp at no cost. Took just a few minutes and out the door. Biggest problem was the 70 mile r/t commute to get it done.

• Like x 1
  3. Hota

Hota Member

Good to know that they can do that. Will try and go that route.

4. Snowstorm

Snowstorm Member

I don't think Tesla should be liable for aftermarket accessories we attach to the car. I mean, they should preserve as much as possible, but if it is a warp then it is going to come off and not back on nicely. How much is it to get re-wrapped?

5. Hota

Hota Member

It's just one headlamp so regardless, the cost will likely be minimal.

6. Sawyer8888

Sawyer8888 Member

#6 Sawyer8888, May 30, 2017
    Last edited: May 30, 2017
    Some Xpel installers may just redo the replaced headlamp for little or possibly no cost as previously mentioned. I believe my installer would not charge since they will redo a whole panel for free if needed after a repair - one-time only of course, but I doubt the headlamp redo would count as a panel.

Don't forget to ask your insurance about additional coverage for your Xpel. I was offered $3K worth of coverage for $10 per 6-months.