Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla is Replacing LED Headlamp - But I have XPEL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm getting my passenger headlamp assembly replaced under warranty due to a buzzing sound that doesn't stop after the headlight and car turns off. Unfortunately, I've had XPEL applied to the headlamp.

Has anyone had any experience getting Tesla to cover the cost of something aftermarket like that?

I'm getting my passenger headlamp assembly replaced under warranty due to a buzzing sound that doesn't stop after the headlight and car turns off. Unfortunately, I've had XPEL applied to the headlamp.

Has anyone had any experience getting Tesla to cover the cost of something aftermarket like that?
I don't think Tesla should be liable for aftermarket accessories we attach to the car. I mean, they should preserve as much as possible, but if it is a warp then it is going to come off and not back on nicely. How much is it to get re-wrapped?

Some Xpel installers may just redo the replaced headlamp for little or possibly no cost as previously mentioned. I believe my installer would not charge since they will redo a whole panel for free if needed after a repair - one-time only of course, but I doubt the headlamp redo would count as a panel.

Don't forget to ask your insurance about additional coverage for your Xpel. I was offered $3K worth of coverage for $10 per 6-months.

Last edited: