Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla is seeking approval to place a store in The Gardens Mall

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Larry Chanin

President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts
Aug 22, 2011
Sarasota, Florida
Tesla at the Gardens Mall.png

Tesla is seeking approval to place a store in The Gardens Mall

Larry

Reactions: mkellock
The fact that this mall does not have a single public charger is embarrassing for the city, county, and facility. And if you go off the track record from they store at the Boca mall when/if Tesla gets approval (which is looking like they will) they will probably only install chargers for their test car fleet which will continue to leave no public charging options at this mall.

Sorry, just had to say that. Annoys me every time I go to this mall.

I am hoping that some public charging option will be installed if they get approval to move in.

The fact that this mall does not have a single public charger is embarrassing for the city, county, and facility. And if you go off the track record from they store at the Boca mall when/if Tesla gets approval (which is looking like they will) they will probably only install chargers for their test car fleet which will continue to leave no public charging options at this mall.

Sorry, just had to say that. Annoys me every time I go to this mall.

I am hoping that some public charging option will be installed if they get approval to move in.
Yes, I appreciate your points.

There's no question that you are correct, Tesla does not consider any chargers installed at Store locations as part of the Destination Charging Network. They are there to support Store operations. If you slip into one on their vacant spaces I doubt that they will have you towed away, but Tesla owners should not consider that the chargers at Store locations are intended for their use. If someone were in a serious bind and on the verge of running out of charge, I'm pretty sure the Store would accommodate them on a one-time basis.

In this particular case, there is a Supercharger Station less than 7 miles from The Gardens Mall and if I were in serious need of a charge that is where I would go.

Larry

Reactions: GaryW
In this particular case, there is a Supercharger Station less than 7 miles from The Gardens Mall and if I were in serious need of a charge that is where I would go.

It’s more of a statement than a matter of convenience. Their mall is a destination mall and no EVs (not just Teslas) can charge there.

Sorry to sidetrack this thread. Just had to vent. I don’t necessarily have to charge their as I’m local but it’d be nice.

Dropped by the Gardens Mall yesterday and noticed that the new Tesla location was still locked up...

Could see through the doors and all looks finished (only saw a couple of X's and S's), but the windows are blacked out and the chargers out back were blocked off.

Anyone with an idea when this opens?

They do in fact have 10 chargers and the signage says chargers are for demo cars only. There were a few spots open so I decided to plug in and see what they charge at. They are 70amps which is nice. I only had to grab one thing at the mall but in that time someone at Tesla called me to ask me to move my car. I guess they were out on test drives.

Supposedly the mall has plans to install EV chargers in 4 or 5 spots. You can ask the help desk in the mall about it. They have the plans in their book but I was not able to find any charging installed for the public at this time.

I'll keep an eye out though.