Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla is trying hard to make more money from you

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
78546343_10156778479217960_4365846432616284160_o.jpg

78921961_10156778479992960_1183286021446434816_o.jpg

You did notice it said 2020, right?

BTW, other brands I had with services would not allow using your phone for hot spot if you prefer instead of their service.

You can get everything except traffic, If you wish to use HotSpot off your phone plan.

You also get updated navigation maps for free, where other brands charge you $100 to $250 for an update every year or two (without traffic) that is out of date when you receive it.

As I have said in other threads, I was never notified. There is nothing on any of my order/delivery paperwork that this fee was coming or even how much it would be. Nothing. I don't see how Tesla can legally do this without being in violation of consumer protection laws. Like I've also said in other threads, I'm not going to worry too much about it until 1/1/2020. If I get in my car that day and it doesn't work like it did the day before then we'll have a problem and then I'll deal with it. Like so many things Tesla, their sheer incompetence prevents them from executing even the most basic of things.

Jeff

Guys, its said you get 1 year of free premium connectivity on the configuration pages since the beginning of 2018. This is nothing new. Elon had said ages ago this would cost around $100/year and its $120/year. This is entirely in line with what I'd expected from the time they first announced this.

I beg to differ. Also, my Model X order was done by "customer loyalty" (yeah I know, right?) directly and not by me so I never saw the order page and my order confirmation makes zero mention of it.

Jeff

Guys, its said you get 1 year of free premium connectivity on the configuration pages since the beginning of 2018. This is nothing new. Elon had said ages ago this would cost around $100/year and its $120/year. This is entirely in line with what I'd expected from the time they first announced this.

And, as been said above, it is likely that Tesla are still losing money on this relatively low monthly charge.

Reactions: willow_hiller