TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla J-1772 Adapter For Sale

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by smorgasbord, Apr 1, 2013.

1. smorgasbord

smorgasbord Active Member

#1 smorgasbord, Apr 1, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
    Tesla brand J-1772 Adapter for Roadster for sale. In great condition - used about a dozen times, ends kept in bubble wrap when not in use, works flawlessly,

If you want to save space, get hcsharp's adapter for $695. If you want to save money, get mine for hundreds less.

Will sell at Best Offer - pm me for details.

2. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

It's $95 brand new here. Just curious... why would you sell yours? It seems like an essential piece of kit for this car with its proprietary connector.

3. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

He's selling a ROADSTER adapter, (not the cheaper, yet still overpriced, and simpler adapter for the Model S)

4. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

Yeah, we Roadster owners had to pay $750 for a big clunky adapter HERE. Except for those that waited and got hcsharp's cheaper and smaller unit.

Everything costs more on a Roadster. Sigh. Well, early adopter penalty. We got to drive a Tesla years ago.

5. Al Sherman

Al Sherman It's about THIS car.

So he's selling the big clunky original adapter? Or, is it a home made adapter?

6. smorgasbord

I am selling my Tesla brand J1772 Adapter for Roadster. This is the one that Tesla itself sells for $750 here: http://shop.teslamotors.com/collections/charging/products/j1772-connector

I'm selling it for hundreds less than Henry Sharp's aftermarket, more compact adapter. At, say $5/cubic inch, I'm thinking someone who needs an adapter might want to save hundreds of dollars instead of dozens of cubic inches.

7. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Yep. See that he edited the post to make that clear. Holy cow... $750 from Tesla seems way steep!

8. smorgasbord

The adapter is sold.