Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Jobs UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

NewbieT

Aug 16, 2019
North West
Currently advertising more jobs that I’ve ever seen for the UK. Tesla investing in technicians, parts, HR, facilities, supercharging and ADAS Test Operator(w/f/d). I hope that means hands free motorway driving below 40mph ! One small step for Tesla.

The Role
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to accelerate our vehicle-level testing for all current and future Autopilot features on the path to full self-driving. The ADAS Test Operator will be responsible to identify improvements and regressions across software iterations. A strong candidate will be objectively focused when making judgements, highly organized with a great attention to detail, and a self-starter. This role could require the flexibility of traveling to domestic and international destinations as necessary, to test vehicles on public roads, test tracks and proving grounds.

Responsibilities
  • Survey the local region and design routes with perspective scenarios for Autopilot testing.
  • Design test specs and create judgement criteria using tools such as XRAY.
  • Study and familiarize with the latest Autopilot version and other relevant vehicle features.
  • Execute real-world testing according to test specifications, as well as providing ad-hoc support for specifically requested scenarios.
  • Analyze test data, triage software issues and abnormal vehicle behaviors using Tesla in-house designed proprietary software tools.
  • Communicate with developers and test engineers, be on-call for questions/comments if necessary.
  • Maintain and document test vehicle condition, coordinate repairs/retrofits as necessary.
  • Support any other vehicle engineering testing as needed.

Requirements
  • Clean driving record and safe driving habits. Good navigation skills.
  • Excellent attention to detail and highly observational.
  • Excellent written and spoken English.
  • Excellent computer software skills, particularly MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel) and operating systems such as MacOS, Windows, Linux.
  • Command Line Interface experience required.
  • Familiarity with ADAS/Autopilot systems and their sensors as well as knowledge in vehicle systems such as brakes and assisted steering.
  • Must be comfortable driving prototype vehicles during testing that may lack safety features.
  • Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in an extremely fast-paced environment.

What we offer:
You´ll solve the world's most interesting problems with the best and brightest people who share a passion to change the world.
Tesla’s compensation package includes competitive salary and Tesla shares or bonusses.
Typical benefits that are offered are a pension program, vacation days, employee insurances.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.

Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.

For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] for additional information or to request accommodations.

Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice.
[\quote]

I was slightly concerned about the use of a screen reader being offered as requirements include being highly observational and having excellent written and spoken English.

I can't be sure that this is because of impaired vision as there is no mention of facilities for the guide dog.

• Funny
Reactions: Dadawinsk
Interesting, I'd seen this several months ago and who knows how long it'd been up before that. Perhaps they're on continual recruitment or have a big team to build. I imagine it's a very difficult role to get the right fit for.

Must be comfortable driving prototype vehicles during testing that may lack safety features.

Specifically, car may brake randomly and severely, and windscreen wipers fail to work reliably. Also, proximity warnings trigger unpredictably…

That job advert is pretty much the only Google hit for it!

I'd hazard a guess that the European recruitment is based in Germany, and that "w/f/d" is a typo for or failed attempt to translate "m/w/d" (roughly, "male/female/other") which often appears in German job adverts.
Correct.

In German advertisements they use w/f/d for Weiblich/Männlich/Divers, which is Male/Female/Diverse (as in disability).

In the UK/US you'll find adverts for M/F/D.

The US can also include a V for Veteran.

Someone linked me to this thread. Might be related to what I saw but I don't know