Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
May 19, 2017
Tesla has joined other companies in the electric vehicle industry for a new lobbying organization called the Zero Emission Transportation Association. The organization, which includes other electric automakers like Rivian and Lucid, aims to bring together those who support meeting the goal of 100% electric vehicle sales by 2030. The non-partisan group coordinates public education...
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2020/11/18/tesla-joins-group-pushing-for-100-ev-sales-by-2030/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]

ItsNotAboutTheMoney

Jul 12, 2012
Maine
Just need to counter FUD, otherwise the public will largely take care of public education.

Even Norway still has BEV FUD, as Bjørn Nyland's videos recent refuting a bullshieeeet newspaper article shows.

Electric700

May 21, 2013
Florida, United States
This is good news, though we can do better. How about 100% EV new car sales by the end of 2022? Tesla could help accomplish this today by making entry level 150 - 170 mile versions of the Model Y and Model 3. With other cost savings they might be able to get to a $19,000 price point or less for that. Lower prices should mean more EV sales. Also, additional government incentives and mandates would help significantly.

We need to act quickly. 2020 has seen the most active hurricane season on record, with 31 named storms as of today. Also multiple areas have been devastated by fires and other disasters. The science is there, generally linking CO2 emissions to events like these. For those who don't believe the science, putting out extreme amounts of CO2 (billions of tons) from ICE cars and fossil fuel power plants, plus other sources, is an experiment - a potentially devastating one. It's a challenge and one that EVs along with solar, wind, hydro and geothermal power plus battery storage can help solve.

Reactions: Raffy.Roma

FirstInTown

Sep 22, 2020
Northern Wi
What is most telling is who is NOT on the list. ZERO, NADA existing legacy auto manufacturers. Tells the real story, when the company that killed its electric car twice (EV-1 and Volt) flaps their lips and says they are ALL-IN on an electric future. Yeah....Right. Don't think so. So 2030 should be no problem for them to commit to but we can see through the smoke they are blowing.

Telstar

Feb 28, 2019
Bakersfield Ca.
Of the five key policies, I see nothing vaguely specific about how to increase electrical power to meet these needs. Maybe they need to add a "sixth key policy". More power production plants. Nuclear? Coal? Hydroelectric? Etc. I would think this would be one of the first things addressed. All else is meaningless without it. "but I have solar on my house" is not going to get it.

nwdiver

Feb 17, 2013
United States
Of the five key policies, I see nothing vaguely specific about how to increase electrical power to meet these needs. Maybe they need to add a "sixth key policy". More power production plants. Nuclear? Coal? Hydroelectric? Etc. I would think this would be one of the first things addressed. All else is meaningless without it. "but I have solar on my house" is not going to get it.

How Biden's climate plan makes clean energy by 2035 'very doable'

Merrill

Merrill
Jan 23, 2013
Sonoma, California
The one thing I wonder about is as we transition to BEV’s where is the electricity going to come from. Just this summer PG&E had a flex alert because of the record temps and everyone had their ac on, I guess by 2035 we will have more storage and green power being produced.

MichaelP90DL

Apr 19, 2019
Lancaster, CA
The one thing I wonder about is as we transition to BEV’s where is the electricity going to come from. Just this summer PG&E had a flex alert because of the record temps and everyone had their ac on, I guess by 2035 we will have more storage and green power being produced.
Maybe add solar to your home?

Reactions: Brando

Brando

Sep 27, 2016
Bainbridge Island, WA
Great trends Wind & Solar - cheaper/much cleaner.

With at least 2 billion existing ICE vehicles (add all the ICE two wheelers not sure we can even count them all) and when we stop ICE engine production it will take decades to impact our weather systems. Perhaps an asteroid will speed up the cooling -- or a huge volcano. Predictions are hard, especially about the future.

MichaelP90DL

Apr 19, 2019
Lancaster, CA
Great trends Wind & Solar - cheaper/much cleaner.

With at least 2 billion existing ICE vehicles (add all the ICE two wheelers not sure we can even count them all) and when we stop ICE engine production it will take decades to impact our weather systems. Perhaps an asteroid will speed up the cooling -- or a huge volcano. Predictions are hard, especially about the future.
I prefer to predict about the past. Much easier.

• Funny
Reactions: Brando

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC