Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla July orders- MYLR Delivery Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long time lurker, first post. OD 7/4, MYLR, White/Black. I just took delivery last Wednesday 10/27 in Littleton, CO.

Let me tell you...the wait was worth every minute. The car is absolutely incredible. I don't even know where to start.

Some thoughts on charging: I went back and forth about getting a 240v outlet installed beforehand (either 30 or 50 amp). I have a 120v/20 amp outlet in my garage but wasn't sure it would be enough. I don't drive a ton...average about 20-25 miles/day. After getting the hang of charging (Tesla recommends plugging in whenever you're not driving) I'm fairly certain my current setup will be more than adequate longterm. I got the 5-20 adapter and get 6-7mph charge at 16 amps. Keep in mind this will require a 20-amp receptacle with one horizontal blade, and the whole circuit must be 12 gauge wire or bigger. I find I usually only need to charge at 6-8 amps for an overnight recharge to 80% by morning. I'm really glad I didn't drop $1k+ on a new charging setup. And from what I read, the lower the voltage and current you regularly charge with, the better it is for longterm battery health. Also, Sentry mode uses 6-7% of the battery per day vs. ~1% per week with Sentry off, so keep that in mind.

Accessories: I got all the Tesmanian mats for ~$300. They're great and fit perfectly. I got console organizers, a cup holder insert, and a front license plate holder (required here in Colorado).

My advice for the waiting... keep busy and try to distract yourself. About a month ago I spent a couple weeks reading every new post on this forum and it started driving me crazy. Trying to figure out the fluctuating EDDs, calling Tesla every few days, etc. Granted, I did a trade-in so I didn't have to time the sale of my current car.

Here pictured with Briggs, and also next to my 1965 Ford F250 352 V8. All the emissions vs. no emissions. Don't worry, I only drive it a couple times a month. :)

tempImagek1EVCx.jpg
tempImageRieuAn.jpg

Long time lurker, first post. OD 7/4, MYLR, White/Black. I just took delivery last Wednesday 10/27 in Littleton, CO.

Let me tell you...the wait was worth every minute. The car is absolutely incredible. I don't even know where to start.

Some thoughts on charging: I went back and forth about getting a 240v outlet installed beforehand (either 30 or 50 amp). I have a 120v/20 amp outlet in my garage but wasn't sure it would be enough. I don't drive a ton...average about 20-25 miles/day. After getting the hang of charging (Tesla recommends plugging in whenever you're not driving) I'm fairly certain my current setup will be more than adequate longterm. I got the 5-20 adapter and get 6-7mph charge at 16 amps. Keep in mind this will require a 20-amp receptacle with one horizontal blade, and the whole circuit must be 12 gauge wire or bigger. I find I usually only need to charge at 6-8 amps for an overnight recharge to 80% by morning. I'm really glad I didn't drop $1k+ on a new charging setup. And from what I read, the lower the voltage and current you regularly charge with, the better it is for longterm battery health. Also, Sentry mode uses 6-7% of the battery per day vs. ~1% per week with Sentry off, so keep that in mind.

Accessories: I got all the Tesmanian mats for ~$300. They're great and fit perfectly. I got console organizers, a cup holder insert, and a front license plate holder (required here in Colorado).

My advice for the waiting... keep busy and try to distract yourself. About a month ago I spent a couple weeks reading every new post on this forum and it started driving me crazy. Trying to figure out the fluctuating EDDs, calling Tesla every few days, etc. Granted, I did a trade-in so I didn't have to time the sale of my current car.

Here pictured with Briggs, and also next to my 1965 Ford F250 352 V8. All the emissions vs. no emissions. Don't worry, I only drive it a couple times a month. :)

View attachment 728487View attachment 728489
nice! Dumb q but why do you need a license plate holder? Does Tesla not come with one itself?

nice! Dumb q but why do you need a license plate holder? Does Tesla not come with one itself?
Apparently the front plate holder they give you uses an adhesive to stick to the front bumper, and if you end up taking it off it damage the bumper. The holder I got clips onto the grill and holds the plate away from the bumper. There is an optional breakaway mount that will pop off under high pressure so it doesn't damage the grill.

When you get the VIN assigned,you will get to know from Tesla App or you have to login through the browser to check it everytime?
I got my VIN today. I received two emails one at 08:19 Eastern time and another 15 minutes later. The first said "Model Y VIN Available" and the second said "Final Payment Ready". The app had a message that my account was being updated so I logged into the account page and clicked accept on the FSD vision alert and the VIN appeared in the app under the RN. I did not get a notification on my phone and notifications are enabled for the Tesla app.

View attachment 728489
For your next project, you should convert that Ford to electric with a Mach E motor!

Folks, can you please advise?

My SA told me on the phone that after receiving a VIN and payment, you now wait for the delivery date and then before your pickup time upload your insurance.

One of my friend said, her SA asked her to put the insurance first in order to receive the delivery date.

Which one is true? Without uploading insurance, they don't schedule the delivery?

Please help.

Folks, can you please advise?

My SA told me on the phone that after receiving a VIN and payment, you now wait for the delivery date and then before your pickup time upload your insurance.

One of my friend said, her SA asked her to put the insurance first in order to receive the delivery date.

Which one is true? Without uploading insurance, they don't schedule the delivery?

Please help.

I scheduled my delivery date before uploading insurance info. You should receive a text to schedule your delivery date.

Reactions: RichAuntie444
I got a VIN!! MF306XXX OD: 7/29. I was looking at the Existing Inventory page and decided to chat with a rep and ask if there were any available outside the 200 mile search radius. She found a LR AWD Blue/White/5 Seat/19”/Tow/NoFSD available (I originally ordered White but after seeing the MY in person, I wanted Blue or Gray). I jumped on it and said, “If it’s available, I WANT IT.” Now, it’s mine and will be taking delivery next week once it arrives in Burbank! So excited!

OD 7/26, MYLR, Blue/WH, 19”, Original EDD 10-12
Pickup location: Cherry Hill,NJ

Original EDD 10/12

EDD Changes:
11/01 - 11/14

11/13-12/11,

12/13-12/31,

11/16-11/25..

Received VIN - 11/03 - ODD updated to
11/18 -11/22

Got a message to schedule delivery.
Picking up next week.