Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla just dumped a ton of new CPO's on it's site

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why don't you add a YES Ludicrous upgrade search option?

Right now it's only showing "no ludicrous option"

We only show what's actively available. "Yes ludicrous option" will only show if they have cars with ludicrous available. Currently there are none.

If you want to do a saved search for a car with ludicrous, you can go to the inactive listings. Select what you want, save it, and then it will email you when something that matches becomes available.

Thanks. Erik

Reactions: BrokerDon
We only show what's actively available. "Yes ludicrous option" will only show if they have cars with ludicrous available. Currently there are none.

If you want to do a saved search for a car with ludicrous, you can go to the inactive listings. Select what you want, save it, and then it will email you when something that matches becomes available.

Thanks. Erik

Great answer. Thanks!

Thanks. Erik
Your site helped tremendously with my purchase. Thanks!

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I know this gets brought up for debate a lot but I do believe the 60 kWh vehicles have been retro actively warranty to eight years unlimited miles. I would also consult with a CPO advisor to see if the supercharging that it left off is an omission but is actually available since all vehicles prior to January 2017 should have transferable supercharging capabilities for the next owner

There are a ton of P85D's listed on the ev-cpo website as we speak, some of them will have ludicrous but it won't state it anywhere in the listing. This is because, unlike the P90DL, no P85D came with ludicrous from the factory, so the upgrade won't be reflected in the VIN. The only way to know for sure if a CPO P85D has been upgraded to ludicrous is to have the SA check to see if the previous owner installed it.

Many P85Ds (and all cars) on CPO now and the next few months are likely coming off 3 year leases. Unlikely that the lessee paid for Ludi to use the remainder of their lease.

Reactions: BrokerDon
I know this gets brought up for debate a lot but I do believe the 60 kWh vehicles have been retro actively warranty to eight years unlimited miles. I would also consult with a CPO advisor to see if the supercharging that it left off is an omission but is actually available since all vehicles prior to January 2017 should have transferable supercharging capabilities for the next owner
Unfortunately, this is not the case. Only 85 kWh batteries were retro-fitted with the 8yr/unlimited mile warranty. The 60 pack remains at 8yr/125k mi. I'm also very certain on this topic, as an OA told me they have extremely cautious to add "Free supercharging" to the listing as to avoid issues with someone purchasing only to find out that the previous owner did not pay the fee to enable supercharging. So if it does not say "free supercharging", you can almost certainly take it to the bank..

I also thought all of the older CPOs came with unlimited supercharging, but I have admittedly been out of the market for a while and not keeping up with the latest policies.
This is unfortunately is also not the case. For MS 60, the initial owner had to have paid $2500 to enable supercharging. If they did not, there is no subsequent supercharging to pass onto the second-hand CPO buyer.

This is unfortunately is also not the case. For MS 60, the initial owner had to have paid $2500 to enable supercharging. If they did not, there is no subsequent supercharging to pass onto the second-hand CPO buyer.

I thought this was true, but I recently purchased a 2013 MS60 through this forum about 2 months ago and ran into uncertainty over this exact issue. The previous (and original) owner said he had not paid for the supercharging upgrade, but nonetheless before completing the sale to me, he confirmed it does supercharge. I never found anything online to substantiate that this would be the case, but at least in my individual experience my 2013 MS60 does have unlimited supercharging despite it not having been "enabled" by the previous owner.

When I was shopping for my CPO, the policy was that all CPOs included free supercharging, whether the original 60 owner purchased it or not. I am certain of this.

EDIT:

Here is the CPO checklist that was in effect when I bought by CPO. In the section for tasks that the service center is to perform after the inspection on page 7, it includes "enable supercharging."

Attachments

• Pre-Owned_Inspection.pdf
    857.8 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
When I was shopping for my CPO, the policy was that all CPOs included free supercharging, whether the original 60 owner purchased it or not. I am certain of this.

EDIT:

Here is the CPO checklist that was in effect when I bought by CPO. In the section for tasks that the service center is to perform after the inspection on page 7, it includes "enable supercharging."
If that is the case, why for these CPO's (currently on the website), do they not all state free supercharging? This goes inline with what the OA's have stated: "If the $2500 was not paid, a MS60 will not come with free supercharging."

upload_2018-1-15_14-45-38.png