Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla just dumped a ton of new CPO's on it's site

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cool! Was it an 85, or a P85/P85+? What color did you get?

From what I've observed, the P85 and P85+ models were first to get AP1 starting in late September 2014. Not sure if the 85 got AP1 at the same time, but I know that at my delivery on the last weekend of September, probably half of the cars being delivered did NOT have AP1 hardware. It's possible that they continued to build some cars without AP1 until the 'D' announcement in October.

White 85. Loving it!

There's cars in the 49k vin range with AP, and cars in the 59k vin range without, but those are exceptionally rare outliers. The switch generally occurred in the high 55 k-low 56 k range.
Remember that cars are not strictly built in VIN order. My car (in the 55xxx range) was built before some cars with 49xxx VINs. It depended on when your VIN got assigned, so some folks ordered early and then had to wait longer for some reason, possibly related to the options ordered.

If you're curious, we're keeping track of all known performance Model S RWD cars with Autopilot (which includes P85 and P85+) over on this thread. Somewhere between 300 and 400 of these were built with AP hardware; so far, 190 have been discovered. There will likely be more showing up this month as 3-year leases expire and cars get traded in.

P85D w/ AP1 and 14k miles 0_o Used Inventory | Tesla
Given that this has the 19" wheels it means its not the plus suspension I believe right?

Well, in this case, probably not. That car has the PX00 code.

upload_2018-1-5_18-29-36.png

That vin is just three off of my car, which has 21" rims and the P+ package.