Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla just lost one customer, i know they dont care but i do !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh yeah, i forgot to mention that, i could hear child screaming in the back while talking on the phone, could barely understand her, and everything sounded very unprofessional.
This was used vehicle order, i know Tesla does not care about used cars but in that case leave those transactions to someone else than.

And you are right,that is very good idea to go now with one ice vehicle and one electric. Problem is that even with new Tesla i have to go trough same people-process i think. And i was told to hold on ordering any Tesla while this issue is pending, for some reason

Tesla had problems before. Covid and folks working from home have not helped.

The car is made mostly by robots that are immune to said virus. I would try the purchase again. It will be painful, but if you get the car you want it will be worth it.

I'm in the same boat. Tired of spotty service and Summon that almost never works. It worked perfectly on my 15 S 85. It should be even better on an '18 M 3. So I sold it to a dealership last week and picked up my dream car - an Aston Martin DB9 Volante. Totally different car. But we also sold our other sports car and will replace that with a 2015 Model S 85D. Crazy thing is, I will get unlimited supercharging again AND the original AP that I loved so much. And this S will eat the Aston Martin performance-wise. 0-60 in 3.2 is incredible. We should have it delivered in a week.

I know it's out of warranty and we're looking into aftermarket warranty options. Still in the Tesla family, but I'm much happier with older tech.

Reactions: Xenoilphobe
Good luck to you. We own two MX’s and have had horrendous customer service from Tesla. We had a rear seat stuck issue on one and it literally took months for their service department to respond, schedule, fix. Save to mention their promise it’d be fixed during appointment only to show up and be told they’d need the vehicle for a week. Then there’s the ongoing driver door jamming on our other MX and window occasionally not going up all the way and reverts back down. And then on both vehicles we’ve had the front passenger side molding just randomly come loose. At one point the service tech suggested we’d need to pay $1,500 for the repair. I pushed back that is certainly is under warranty to which he said “well, this time”.

During purchase we were assured of three functions/features we later learned weren’t accurate. A year and a half later the salesperson acknowledges his bad information. And we were basically told too bad, prove it in writing - paraphrasing what his manager told us. We simply requested to be ‘made whole’ by correcting one of the issues and purchasing FSD at the initially offered price - they refused.

And best of all, we inquired on trading one of our MX 2018’s for a ‘20 model with different interior and exterior color scheme. First we were provided trade value just above $70k. I noticed the mileage was off on their quote by about 5k miles too high... I asked them if that’d increase trade value and they replied reducing trade value to $52k. In 48 hours. So we have 5K miles less than you quoted the higher trade value and you reduce the value because miles are lower? I followed up four times by email and phone. The rep ignored me and never replied.

We expected Tesla to have better standards, better trained staff, and far more Customer-attentive staff. Clearly we were mistaken. When the time comes in the next year or two we’ve decided to do away with our Tesla’s. After all, plenty of other manufacturers massively improving their EV offerings and features. And Tesla has been nothing but a Bait & Switch shell game. Two years later and still no FSD yet & they revamped their offering/pricing structure and bamboozled owners.

The mantra comes from the top - and we see the type of guy that is Elon Musk. A petty bish.

And they have numerous employees planted on this forum to pose as customers defending Tesla and critiquing anybody that dissents. I know two of them.

Because we love Tesla cars!

I know we should wait longer to resolve this but these days when our friends are losing jobs due to corona and we are spending over 100k for 2 new cars we expect at least some customer service and help.
While i was getting ready to deal for car delivery and QC issues i didnt expect our problems will start just one hour after ordering.
Me and my wife were going to purchase 2 Teslas,used ms for me and new M3 or MY for her this month.
We already sold our cars privately and will drive rentals until we buy new ones.
What surprises me is that Tesla will not communicate with me via email, just phone.
And just to be clear, this is not about money,we dont need our destination and deposit money back right now at all, that is only tip of iceberg what we are going to spend, we can wait for that,
We have enough cash to buy our cars but advice from first Tesla rep was to wait for issue to be resolved (why and why there is an issue anyway?) and repeated successive answers from Tesla that our cc WAS NOT charged and “we never charge destination fee if order is cancelled by us”.

JULY 10 ordered Used Model S

- paid order and destination fee
- credit card is charged for both immediately
- car was listed as clean , no accident
- after 2 hours received call from Tesla - they apologize , car was in accident and repaired,order is cancelled,refund will be in "few days"
- asked sales person to send me email with all that in writing - never happened!

JULY 11

- Sent email to my advisor asking how long it takes usually for refund - got same answer "few days"

July 12

- Received email from Tesla - Your trade-In offer is now ready for you to , accept or decline your offer now to ensure delivery !

July 14

- deposit and destination charge is now processed and already posted in my bank account
- Called Tesla to see what is going on, got answer they can not see ANY charge in my account , also saying it is not possible to be charged for destination fee if order is cancelled, but they will investigate.

July 15

- Got a call from Tesla used department division repeating same thing, they cant see any charge and asking me to send screen shoot from my bank account. They will investigate....

July 16

- Called used department to see if they got my email, lady said they can see now i was charged for destination and deposit, but for some reason she said no refund yet, she will investigate...., It can take up to 45 days

JULY 17

- Got tired of everything and filed claim with my credit card

Because we love Tesla cars!

I know we should wait longer to resolve this but these days when our friends are losing jobs due to corona and we are spending over 100k for 2 new cars we expect at least some customer service and help.
While i was getting ready to deal for car delivery and QC issues i didnt expect our problems will start just one hour after ordering.
Me and my wife were going to purchase 2 Teslas,used ms for me and new M3 or MY for her this month.
We already sold our cars privately and will drive rentals until we buy new ones.
What surprises me is that Tesla will not communicate with me via email, just phone.
And just to be clear, this is not about money,we dont need our destination and deposit money back right now at all, that is only tip of iceberg what we are going to spend, we can wait for that,
We have enough cash to buy our cars but advice from first Tesla rep was to wait for issue to be resolved (why and why there is an issue anyway?) and repeated successive answers from Tesla that our cc WAS NOT charged and “we never charge destination fee if order is cancelled by us”.

JULY 10 ordered Used Model S

- paid order and destination fee
- credit card is charged for both immediately
- car was listed as clean , no accident
- after 2 hours received call from Tesla - they apologize , car was in accident and repaired,order is cancelled,refund will be in "few days"
- asked sales person to send me email with all that in writing - never happened!

JULY 11

- Sent email to my advisor asking how long it takes usually for refund - got same answer "few days"

July 12

- Received email from Tesla - Your trade-In offer is now ready for you to , accept or decline your offer now to ensure delivery !

July 14

- deposit and destination charge is now processed and already posted in my bank account
- Called Tesla to see what is going on, got answer they can not see ANY charge in my account , also saying it is not possible to be charged for destination fee if order is cancelled, but they will investigate.

July 15

- Got a call from Tesla used department division repeating same thing, they cant see any charge and asking me to send screen shoot from my bank account. They will investigate....

July 16

- Called used department to see if they got my email, lady said they can see now i was charged for destination and deposit, but for some reason she said no refund yet, she will investigate...., It can take up to 45 days

JULY 17

- Got tired of everything and filed claim with my credit card
So sorry you had all these issues. I bought a 2017 Model X few months ago, and my transaction went very smoothly. As some people have stated about the destination fees. You don't pay for destination at the same time you place an order. The destination fees is paid after you have signed all the agreement (in my case the delivery day). That's when I also paid the remaining balance of my down-payment. If you're still dealing with them, you can contact Johnny Dang at Tesla Used Inventory Sale. He was my Sales Person and was very professional. Good luck!!!

I apologize as I mistyped but you are right, not ALL but I've read plenty of horror stories and I usually don't speak negatively about anything unless I personally have experienced it. That said, I picked up my MS Long Rage last September and found multiple issues(cracked glass roof, scratched up center console, wheel alignment way off veering to the left, scratched back bumper) wrong with the car right from the get go. If that wasn't the end of it, getting it fixed and repaired was a nightmare. There was a huge scratch on my rear bumper when picked up from car delivery. Tesla SC acknowledged the problem and set a future appt for me to come in and get it repaired. When i arrived the day of the appt, I was told that the bumper was not in stock.....that alone should never happen. That happened to me twice for the same rear bumper.....

BUT I'm glad that you are a happy customer and again, I love Tesla's technology but from my perspective, they can beef up other areas that are lacking.
Tesla does rate dead last in the J D Powers survey of defects found in the first 90 days, and almost twice other manufacturers, even the most inexpensive vehicles. Tesla should fire whoever is in charge of QC and hire a competent manager who can stop production when a defective product is being produced.

Nissan has just launched a equivalent SUV to the MY. I may need to wait until it is sold here.

I’m sorry to hear about your frustrations. I recently ordered a 2017 MS and my experience with destination fees was not dissimilar to yours. I decided to fly to where the car was located (Las Vegas) from St Louis to pick it up, so they’d refund the destination charge. It was never clarified HOW they would refund that until my final bill was ready, and they ended up just taking it off of the down payment. I never received a refund. Like you, I was charged immediately.

My biggest issue was that I was told everything was good to go, but when I was boarding the plane I received a text that stated there was a problem with my financing and I needed more paperwork (which was at home), and I couldn’t get it to them before picking up my car on a Saturday (boarding the plane late afternoon on Friday). Luckily, my liaison was able to clear things up by text/email and figure out/fix the issue before we even landed, but it was a stressful flight for sure. From ordering to pickup I believe my process took 2 1/2 weeks.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Tesla does rate dead last in the J D Powers survey of defects found in the first 90 days, and almost twice other manufacturers, even the most inexpensive vehicles. Tesla should fire whoever is in charge of QC and hire a competent manager who can stop production when a defective product is being produced.

Nissan has just launched a equivalent SUV to the MY. I may need to wait until it is sold here.

About that JD Powers survey....it doesn’t exactly mean what you think it means.

To be frank, we have NOT all had issues with Tesla. The few issues are broadcast over some forums to make it seem as if there are hundreds of cases, while there are not. Yes, we pay for technology, but you don't have to give up basic service, what little there is of that. (I've had four Teslas, and have never returned for service after picking them up at the SC. That's in over 200,000 miles) Other mfg.s use service as a major profit center, with constant oil changes and filter replacements, brake service (Tesla brakes will last forever since regen has gotten so good) etc., etc., etc.

I feel it is a Service Center issue, with some SCs being really good, and others not seeming to care. My recommendation would be for people to shop around. I have a SC that is about fifty miles from me, but after doing business with them a couple times, I travel 115 miles to use a dealer (NOT service) who treats me better. That was three cars ago, and my satisfaction levels have increased considerably.

True! Between my wife, myself and my sister, have purchased 4 new Teslas. We have had an almost perfect experience with all. Model X had a falcon door issue with seeing things that were not there. We arranged a service call, got there, they had a loaner waiting and picked it up a day later with no issues. My model 3, just purchased in June, had a slight misalignment with the front hood and I purchased the Home Link to be installed. They were out of loaners, but had everything ship shape by the next day.

I do agree that it may be the SCs and how each one is managed.

We did have a horrible experience with a Tesla recommended body shop however. The Tesla side was great. The body shop (All American Paint and Body in San Diego) Was horrible. Do not use them if you need a body shop in San Diego.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne and SO16
threads like this make me sad.
great Company (I do mean that in spite of the problems)
great product
over and over and over - atrocious service and unacceptable quality

it is perfectly obvious that Tesla's agenda is to move on to a new client base faster than the whingers can inflict any real damage.
I would argue they have this entirely wrong ... their share price says otherwise ... however my wallet isn't listening.

Put another way - How much would it cost Tesla to have a "trouble spotter" in each territory with a very narrow focus to jump on these incidents and deal with them effectively, and how much improved would Tesla reputation be leading to how many more sales?

It is really too bad about Tesla. In some ways they can be really good. I tend to use the mobile service and the guys are great. However, the service centers are totally overwhelmed. This is due in a major part to folks ordering cars that they don't know how to drive or operate. Too technical. So instead of watching a few YouTubes on the issue, (most things are addressed) they fill up the SC to the point they have stopped answering the phone. It's a difficult situation and to be honest I dont know how they will fix it.
I own 2 Model Ss 2014 and 2016. (Bought used, and privately)
They are truly the finest cars I have ever driven, and I had most of the nicer cars over my 73 years. I would love to order a brand new Model S from the factory, but after reading some of the horror stories with Tesla's new deliveries. I just can't bring myself to do it. It is a much better plan to wait a little, then buy a gently used Tesla from someone you trust after seeing it in real life and can check it out.
I think these two immaculate Model Ss will have to last me for the rest of my days. Good luck to Tesla, they have achieved almost the impossible. I would hate to see them die over these silly misunderstanding and poor customer service.

I would hate to see them die over these silly misunderstanding and poor customer service.

They won’t.

Tens upon tens of thousands have good deliveries and customer service.

Does Tesla need to have more service center capacity in super busy markets? Sure. But it certainly is not the “sky is falling” situation at all locations that some would have you believe.

Well we decided to hold on Audi A6 and wait for Tesla to clear our charge and start over again. Actually our CC is now doing refund process, they said it will take longer only if Tesla dispute this charge but i dont think that will be the case.
I don`t want to go with another ICE vehicle only to regret year later.
Just to let some people know, Tesla now charge destination fee right after placing order, so i dont even see option to go by myself and pickup my car in California (and im in Nevada).
Purchasing NEW vehicle is probably different story.
And btw how i can change my sales advisor? How do i do that? After ordering i want my order to go to someone else. This guy is silent since i got in this trouble!

Reactions: TK16688