Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla just lost one customer, i know they dont care but i do !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess I’ll drive my Lexus 450h a while longer in hopes they solve the quality build issue. BTW they were able to replace the valving after delivering the car with insufficient coolant. Hope the battery wasn’t damaged too badly.

Even when there is an issue, Tesla is often able to take care of it right away.

I wish I Could remember where I saw some posts from people who worked at car dealerships over the years. I think it was somewhere on reddit. They said that often new vehicles from the plant arrived with issues and then the dealerships would have to fix them. Most of the time it was minor stuff but not always. There was even a case where an engine was missing a piston rod.

The difference is that the dealerships find/fix them BEFORE the customer sees the car. I do wish Tesla could do the same. But to not buy a car due to “build quality issues” should really place all vehicles in that same category.

...They said that often new vehicles from the plant arrived with issues and then the dealerships would have to fix them. Most of the time it was minor stuff but not always. There was even a case where an engine was missing a piston rod.

The difference is that the dealerships find/fix them BEFORE the customer sees the car. I do wish Tesla could do the same. But to not buy a car due to “build quality issues” should really place all vehicles in that same category.
You see Tesla has a chance to fix things first before the car leaves the factory and second before it leaves the delivery center and goes into the customers hands. The fact that they don’t care at either place shows that upper management does not care one bit either.

• Love
Reactions: BigNick and AMPd
You see Tesla has a chance to fix things first before the car leaves the factory and second before it leaves the delivery center and goes into the customers hands. The fact that they don’t care at either place shows that upper management does not care one bit either.

Based on what those workers at those dealerships said, there really isn’t time to thoroughly check those vehicles when coming off the line. You figure one every few minutes even with multiple people checking, would get behind quite quickly.

The problem is at the delivery location. At least that delivery center doesn’t have a constant flow of cars nonstop like the factory does. This is something Tesla should fix as it can lead to a somewhat soured delivery. I think it’s just due to a lack of manpower to workload.

My assumption is that Tesla places a lot of pressure on itself with release dates and is chronically behind to the point where they roll every model out in "production hell." The production is flawed, but they are pressured to hit their delivery numbers since they are a publicly traded company. The whole thing is quite maddening and must be very stressful for everyone.

Honestly, I was floored the other day having to drop my SO's porsche off for a transfer-case issue (well documented, and known).

I pulled up, service advisor met me--on time. Asked what was wrong. Told him I thought it was a transfer case issue, he confirmed the basic diagnosis, said they'd take a look.

Any other issues? Couple of small noises here and there... cool! You need a rental?

Gave me the keys to a rental, took my keys, texted me as i left so i could get in touch and that was that.

ALL THIS FROM A CPO PURCHASE. I still can't believe it. I feel bad for everyone who continually puts up with the awful service you get from Tesla. I love my car (when its not messed up), but I will likely never buy another Tesla.

Tesla would have to raw dog me insanely hard to get me to the point I'd buy anything else. The service takes 3 days and they don't have loaners so they give Uber credit, but I'll take that to have my S. Good luck finding something half as good from Porsche...

Tesla could use a lot of work on communication, but I have a feeling they needed to distance the service guys from the owners because everyone is just too eager to talk to other people about the cars. It's not a bad quality but the service guys don't need to hear it.

Tesla would have to raw dog me insanely hard to get me to the point I'd buy anything else. The service takes 3 days and they don't have loaners so they give Uber credit, but I'll take that to have my S. Good luck finding something half as good from Porsche...

Tesla could use a lot of work on communication, but I have a feeling they needed to distance the service guys from the owners because everyone is just too eager to talk to other people about the cars. It's not a bad quality but the service guys don't need to hear it.

Are you a new owner, how old is your car?

Porsche gave me... another porsche, the exact same porsche model i left with them. They fixed a 7k~ issue question free with no questions asked. I don't need to settle for uber credits or excuses anymore. Tesla rawdogged me for years.

Are you a new owner, how old is your car?

Porsche gave me... another porsche, the exact same porsche model i left with them. They fixed a 7k~ issue question free with no questions asked. I don't need to settle for uber credits or excuses anymore. Tesla rawdogged me for years.
It was better in the beginning, but has gone downhill. I give many of the local SC employees a lot of credit for trying to plug holes in a leaky dam.

Tesla isn’t a company based on luxury or even necessarily high quality build. They’re based on nascent technology that is inherently superior in performance and maintenance, but with a high production cost resulting in a price point of legacy luxury and performance brands.

And with their focus on bringing EV to the masses and FSD/robo taxis, why wouldn’t they end up being more like Detroit than European or Asian brands? Cost-cutting is in their ethos, including passing a large portion of the QA/QC to the consumer. That leads to a frustrating ownership experience if combined with limited service and parts, plus Tesla obstructing 3rd Party support.

Right now the superiority of EV vs ICE is enough, but they’ll need to improve as more players commit to EVs

Reactions: Sarevok
Even when there is an issue, Tesla is often able to take care of it right away.

I wish I Could remember where I saw some posts from people who worked at car dealerships over the years. I think it was somewhere on reddit. They said that often new vehicles from the plant arrived with issues and then the dealerships would have to fix them. Most of the time it was minor stuff but not always. There was even a case where an engine was missing a piston rod.

I’m on my second Lexus and no build quality issues with either.

That’s probably after the dealer went over the vehicle before delivery to you.

I do wish Tesla delivery would do the same. I can’t say my Tesla had no build quality issues upon me seeing it. But had Tesla just gone over it, they could have easily fixed the seat issue and then I could say the same.

But no matter, they came to my house later and fixed it for no inconvenience to me. Just would be better if customers didn’t see those issues in the first place.

As one would expect.

Anyone trying to allude to Tesla having less/similar fit and finish of comparably priced competitors is being disingenuous.

With Tesla you’re paying a premium for the premium drive train. Nearly every other aspect is that of a new manufacturer needing to cut production costs, get inventory out ASAP, and with limited service and customer support infrastructure.

One would expect that to improve as Tesla has makes more cars. It’ll need to, otherwise they’ll be the Alfa Romeo of EVs.