Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla keeps forcing me to accept things I didn't pay for!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tomas

Out of warranty...
Supporting Member
Oct 22, 2012
Santa Barbara/New York
I thought I'd itemize some of the things that I didn't pay for that have been "forced" on me.
I really gotta question the ethics of this company that keeps insisting on making my car better at no cost to me. Are they just setting me up to screw me later?:cursing:

* Hill hold
* Battery shield
* Trip functions in energy app
* GPS enabled raising/lowering
* Tow mode (hope I never need it)
* Gen1 seat mod
* Insulated AC unit
* Updated windshield defrost vents
* Variable battery charge levels
* Scheduled pre-conditioning
* Updated brakes
* Backup lines in rear view camera
* .2 sec 0-60 and throttle smoothness improvement
* One touch lock/unlock
* Calendar integration
* Numerous maps improvements
* Proactive 12v battery & regulator replacement
* Please tell me what I forgot! I'll update this list in OP as long as I'm allowed.

Last edited:
Depending on when you got your P85, there was also a 0.2 seconds improvement in 0-60 acceleration - from the originally stated 4.4 seconds to 4.2 seconds later on.
My 85D was advertised and delivered with a 5.2 second 0-60 time.
I was appalled to discover a few weeks later that they delivered a software update (under cover of darkness) that reduced the time to 4.4 seconds. How can I stop this madness!

91sn32Q.jpg

I literally LOL'ed reading this thread! [emoji3] Damn you Tesla for making my "classic" S better over and over again after I drove it off the Fremont factory lot thinking it was the ultimate automobile! With each update and the car becoming more and more "ultimate" I sink deeper into a profound depression knowing that I was wrong...
Bastards. They didn't pull any of these shenanigans with the Roadster.
Exactly. I bought my Roadster knowing for sure that it would never change or improve because Tesla was busy building other much better cars, so I was happy that the Roadster was stranded in the past because, you know, that's how it's always been with out-of-production cars.
Oh wait. I've ordered a new higher capacity battery for my 6 year old Roadster.
Damn you Tesla, you tricked me again! [emoji6]

You people are far too easily impressed. I'm going to join the multitudes of other owners on here and complain that my MS doesn't have a heated steering wheel even though newer ones do. And that Tesla didn't retrofit a second motor when they introduced the "D"

How dare they lock in my hardware and only improve software, I want my car to be perfect and as good as the newest one off the assembly line no matter how old it is!