Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla keeps forcing me to accept things I didn't pay for!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The trip planner is at best so-so, but I think they're referring to the Trip tab in the Energy app, the one that shows your projected charge level at your destination. That one is extremely useful and I have to wonder how annoying it must have been to do long trips without it. (I got my car after it was introduced, so I can't, uh, complain about getting it for free later.)

The trip tab in the energy app is an absolute must have, and I also can't image how annoying it must have been without it. It's easily my most favorite SW/app function, and I use it all the time. I don't use trip planner so I completely forgot which app it was in (I think the setting is in the navigation app).

Here would be my list formatted in the style of the OP

Trip Planner: How dare they try to end our anxiety? Did I ask for that?
Tire pressure display for each tire: Again, what's with trying to end anxiety? Anxiety is good for people.
Climate Control: I was perfectly happy with the offset that was previously required. why mess me up? I don't need it to be exact.

Last edited:
... and sometimes there is more than one.

Yea, I was cringing reading your previous post : "...there's is always one" - there will certainly be few.

It seems that having car in perpetual beta would be a good thing, as the only alternative is to get piece of metal that will slowly be getting more obsolete with each and every day of ownership. The only way to eliminate perpetual beta thing is to stop any changes and not release anything new, until such time that this new becomes well tested in real life, i.e. old. This sounds really exciting...

You people are far too easily impressed. I'm going to join the multitudes of other owners on here and complain that my MS doesn't have a heated steering wheel even though newer ones do. And that Tesla didn't retrofit a second motor when they introduced the "D"

How dare they lock in my hardware and only improve software, I want my car to be perfect and as good as the newest one off the assembly line no matter how old it is!
I paid the extra $1k just for the heated steering wheel (and I live in LA) before too long they might just add that as standard equipment then I'll have something to complain about... you could always order a new MS and use my referral code ;)

Yea, I was cringing reading your previous post : "...there's is always one" - there will certainly be few.

It seems that having car in perpetual beta would be a good thing, as the only alternative is to get piece of metal that will slowly be getting more obsolete with each and every day of ownership. The only way to eliminate perpetual beta thing is to stop any changes and not release anything new, until such time that this new becomes well tested in real life, i.e. old. This sounds really exciting...

Ugh... no. The way out of perpetual beta is to finish one damn thing before moving on to the next damn thing.

Finish making the nav decent, before releasing the next big change
Finish Trip Planner, before releasing V7
Finish lane-keep, before releasing the hardware for AP v2
etc.

And no bonnie, now there are not 3 :p

Ugh... no. The way out of perpetual beta is to finish one damn thing before moving on to the next damn thing.

etc.

The problem is that "finish" and "decent" is subject to interpretations, and different people will have different interpretations. Some (few) will be so strict that "finished" " decent" version will never be released because it is not quite "finished" and "decent" enough...

etc.

All software is beta.
Software is never finished. It is always improving or it dies.
Tesla will continue to work on the software and it will change and improve.
There is no such thing as finished, perfect software.

etc.

Plenty of threads with criticism. It would be nice if ONE light-hearted thread would be allowed to be light-hearted and upbeat. :)

Plenty of threads with criticism. It would be nice if ONE light-hearted thread would be allowed to be light-hearted and upbeat. :)
And there you have another thing Tesla forces upon us-TMC, where we are cheerful and never critical, always respectful of each other and without dissent!*

By owning a Tesla, we are forced to read TMC-a slippery slope to wanting new features and actually encouraging Telsa to shove improvements down our throats!

*PS ...and all threads always stay on topic, due to extreme consideration and respect for others' time!

Last edited:
And there you have another thing Tesla forces upon us-TMC, where we are cheerful and never critical, always respectful of each other and without dissent!

By owning a Tesla, we are forced to read TMC-a slippery slope to wanting new features and actually encouraging Telsa to shove improvements down our throats!

I lol'ed

Ok what's really disgusting is the way they give you a loaner when your car will be in the shop for more than a half day. This is really bad for two reasons:
a) since they normally foist a newer, more well-equipped (P/P+, or now, AP) on me, it's obviously just a ploy to make me want to upgrade
b) and this is the really nefarious part: I miss the good old days when being a grown-up meant independence and learning how to roll with the punches that life gives you -- easily practiced when visiting an ICE dealer for service (find my own way to work/home/other, argue over the final embellished bill, etc). Tesla takes away all those opportunities!!! Those bastards!!

And how about Tesla's dastardly effort to get me to try out the nice B&B's they're giving HPWC's to? Now I've got to drive long distances to stay in nice places, charge up for free, and get home without having to stop at any of those stinky gas stations. I'll never forgive them.

They have deviously conditioned me to fuel the car at home with my HPWC.
It is now so deeply rooted in my daily routine that I absentmindedly dropped the end of a live extension cord into the gas tank of my jeep.
As I was running for my life with flames lapping at my heels I happened to glance back over my shoulder just as the gas tank exploded and marveled at how all the exploding debris looked like a giant Fourth of July firework. Stunning.

And don't get me started on forcing this "safest car ever" nonsense on me and my family. As an American, I have God given right to put my family in as much danger as I want on a daily basis. Thanks for ruining my America, Tesla.

And there you have another thing Tesla forces upon us-TMC, where we are cheerful and never critical, always respectful of each other and without dissent!

Next you'll be suggesting that threads be expected to stay on topic...... . . . . . . .

Next you'll be suggesting that threads be expected to stay on topic...... . . . . . . .

good catch, Twiglett:

And there you have another thing Tesla forces upon us-TMC, where we are cheerful and never critical, always respectful of each other and without dissent!*

*PS ...and all threads always stay on topic, due to extreme consideration and respect for others' time!