Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Kept Their Words On 1-3 Month Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like I’ll be getting mine in August and I reserved June 30th 2018. It appears that if your config matched a car they had stockpiled or if you ordered a P version they will be delivered fairly fast.

Yeah, it's been all over the board. I reserved in April of THIS year and then ordered on June 28th. I've heard nothing so far. Also weird, is that I never got an email to place my order, I just read elsewhere that they opened up the ordering, so I did it.

Yeah, it's been all over the board. I reserved in April of THIS year and then ordered on June 28th. I've heard nothing so far. Also weird, is that I never got an email to place my order, I just read elsewhere that they opened up the ordering, so I did it.
I ended up reserving on the 30th and then got an email 20 minutes later stating it was ready to configure. The wait is killing me and it’s only been a month!

Reactions: suwaneedad
I ended up reserving on the 30th and then got an email 20 minutes later stating it was ready to configure. The wait is killing me and it’s only been a month!

I very much understand. What doesn't help is my ability to still edit my config, as I waffle between wanting AWD or RWD. I can't make a decision and keep it for more than a few days, so I need Tesla to just force me into one already

I do not understand the reason behind it. Do you want everyone to wait a year? How does that benefit anyone? Does it just make you feel better....?
Not sure what you mean. It's frustrating to have waited over a year (2 years for some people), plus given telsa money every time they have asked and have nothing but non refundable deposits, yet people who did not have to wait are able to get their cars now.

It Ccertainly leaves a sour taste in my mouth and I won't ever reserve a tesla again.

It's like cutting in line only it's not the fault of the person cutting but rather the company directing people who have not been waiting to the front. While the people getting pushed to the back of the line have been waiting the longest and have put down the highest deposits (they asked $3500 from reservation holders not $2500)...

In other words, yes I think tesla should make people without reservations wait until those that have been waiting for a year or even worse 2 years, get their cars. But I kind of understand why maybe they are not going this route....

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean. It's frustrating to have waited over a year (2 years for some people), plus given telsa money every time they have asked and have nothing but non refundable deposits, yet people who did not have to wait are able to get their cars now.

It Ccertainly leaves a sour taste in my mouth and I won't ever reserve a tesla again.

It's like cutting in line only it's not the fault of the person cutting but rather the company directing people who have not been waiting to the front. While the people getting pushed to the back of the line have been waiting the longest and have put down the highest deposits (they asked $3500 from reservation holders not $2500)...

In other words, yes I think tesla should make people without reservations wait until those that have been waiting for a year or even worse 2 years, get their cars. But I kind of understand why maybe they are not going this route....

This way of thinking is a bit childish to me. "I have to wait, so everyone should too!". You expect tesla to hold extra inventory and not sell it, so you can receive your product first? Everyone who has ordered deposited the same amount at $3500.

This way of thinking is a bit childish to me. "I have to wait, so everyone should too!". You expect tesla to hold extra inventory and not sell it, so you can receive your product first? Everyone who has ordered deposited the same amount at $3500.

Oh it's childish to have people cut in front of you in line and get mad? Good way to start a fight in many situations.
That's not true, they are only asking $2500 for non reservation holders who want to order. At least while I am writing this. So not only do they have 0 time invested, but also less money.
I didn't say everyone should have to wait, but those who have waited should get first dibs.

Oh it's childish to have people cut in front of you in line and get mad? Good way to start a fight in many situations.
That's not true, they are only asking $2500 for non reservation holders who want to order. At least while I am writing this. So not only do they have 0 time invested, but also less money.
I didn't say everyone should have to wait, but those who have waited should get first dibs.
But you could have changed to the awd or Performance model as soon as you were able too, and wouldn’t that have given you first choice priority?.

But you could have changed to the awd or Performance model as soon as you were able too, and wouldn’t that have given you first choice priority?.
They said that, and I changed to awd, haven't heard anything. Both my friends got their model 3's. Changing to performance is a $15,000 in addition to the LR RWD, not even sure why that would count. For $15,000 sure jump ahead all you want.

Sure doesn't feel like the P orders are being filled particularly quickly haha

Reserved Feb 2018
Ordered 6/27
Performance + Performance, White interior, EAP

Not a peep yet.

Well, maybe not for everyone, but for me it will be.
Reserved 3/31/16
Ordered 7/13/18
Delivery scheduled for 8/3/18
Rescheduled for 8/7/16 (conflict on my part).

Very excruciating 2.5 weeks of waiting after finally submitting the order until I had any communication. Now, it's going to be another excruciating wait of a few days...

Also, if you configured an option they batch made, your wait is shorter than if you configured something that isn't part of a popular batch. What's your config @Glamisduner ?

Well, maybe not for everyone, but for me it will be.
Reserved 3/31/16
Ordered 7/13/18
Delivery scheduled for 8/3/18
Rescheduled for 8/7/16 (conflict on my part).

Very excruciating 2.5 weeks of waiting after finally submitting the order until I had any communication. Now, it's going to be another excruciating wait of a few days...

Also, if you configured an option they batch made, your wait is shorter than if you configured something that isn't part of a popular batch. What's your config @Glamisduner ?

White AWD, AP + FSD, Sport Wheels, White interior. Ordered on 6/27. No communications.
Reserved 5/17 (but I guess that does not matter)

Oh BTW, congrats singuy. Not bitter towards you or anything, just frustrated. I had to buy a temporary car after the first second set-back and it's going into the shop due to something wrong with the high voltage charging system, so I can spend even more money fixing it while I wait....

I think Tesla has ruined any future plans of asking for reservation downpayments for new models.
I'd pay a deposit up to $50k today for a Model Y. I can't fathom why Elon has not opened up reservations for Model Y in order to fund its development and ramp (no need for Wall Streeters...the customers are willing to provide the capital to build the product). I am hopeful that when Tesla reveals Model Y next Spring that they open up the reservation book in a similar way as Roadster (prepay for the vehicle in order to obtain first delivery).