Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Key, the easy way to prepare your vehicle from an iPhone and iPad

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi onesixeight,

The quickness (or slowness) depends on the Tesla server response and your network connection. The app is stripped to use minimum amount of server requests.

The next version coming in up in a few days includes the following updates:
- Setting default vehicle for quick access to primary vehicle
- Setting custom charge limit %
- Fahrenheit and Celcius support

As a companion to Tesla Key, I created an app for displaying Information available through Tesla Motors API on IOS devices.

No fancy user interface, but the app can be handy for checking vehicle state.

It got approved by Apple just now, it is free and available here:

Info app for Tesla on the App Store

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    22.8 KB · Views: 136
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    65.8 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
So with this app on my iPhone, I don't need to carry the Tesla key fob any more?!?
The standard Tesla App allows unlock, so you don't need this app to do that. This app just makes it more convenient.

Beware that all phone base apps require both the phone AND the car to have a data connection (cellular or WiFi). Often in the bottom of a parking structure (for example) that isn't the case. It also requires Tesla's servers to be up and running--that somtimes isn't the case either.

Reactions: Pollux
Hi, here goes again.

Beta testers needed for testing Summon. As Summon is not enabled in Europe we are not able to test it here.

Drop me a pm or email: [email protected] given Your email-address and I will give You access.

Attachments

• Simulator Screen Shot 26. jan. 2016, 08.01.54.png
    Simulator Screen Shot 26. jan. 2016, 08.01.54.png
    44.9 KB · Views: 141
  • Simulator Screen Shot 26. jan. 2016, 08.01.57.png
    Simulator Screen Shot 26. jan. 2016, 08.01.57.png
    56.7 KB · Views: 127
  • Simulator Screen Shot 26. jan. 2016, 08.30.48.png
    Simulator Screen Shot 26. jan. 2016, 08.30.48.png
    54.6 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
I don't intend to be mean, but I thought the author might want some critical feedback from a member of his target demo:

The USP of this app vis a vis Remote S seems to boil down to two things: simpler UI, costs less.

I don't see any unique features in the app that would make anyone consider it over (or in addition to) Remote S, which is established in-market and has a surfeit of additional functionality.

Perhaps there's enough of a market in being the cheaper, stripped-down alternative, but it seems like the wrong selling points for the customer demographic.

I applaud your efforts, and suggest you look for an unserved niche in the Tesla market if you want to grow and thrive.

I am confident this feedback is worth lat least what you paid for it, and hopefully more...

Tesla Key Version 2.3.8 out with Homelink remote.
Link to app on iTunes: Tesla Key on the App Store

From the Tesla Owners Manual:
If Model S is equipped with the optional tech package, you can program the HomeLink® Universal Transceiver to operate up to three garage doors, gates, lights, and security systems that can transmit Radio Frequency (RF) signals.

Se Tesla Owners Manual for more detailed information on the functions available:
https://www.teslamotors.com/sites/default/files/Model-S-Owners-Manual.pdf