Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Key, the easy way to prepare your vehicle from an iPhone and iPad

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Version 2.6.0 is now available.

Link to app on iTunes: Tesla Key on the App Store

New features:
  • Vent and close roof
  • Vehicle status
    • Locked/unlocked
    • Battery status
    • Charge status
    • Available range
    • Climate status
    • Interior & exterior temp
    • Roof status
  • Bug fixes
2.6.0.png

I don't have my car yet (coming next week). What does "remote start" do? I didn't think you needed to start or turn off a Tesla? Is that just the command to enable driving without the key fob?

Nice app with less menu navigation that the factory app. But a few problems I'm experiencing:

1) Range is shown as 319mi, which must be "Ideal" range which is not what is displayed in the car and I don't see a setting to select what is displayed in the app.

2) I set the "custom" temp to 73F, but it always comes up as 72F.

3) When I switched to the light color scheme, the temps displayed were incorrect. E.g. Climate ON, temp 32F, interior 32F, out 32F. The car is in my garage, it's about 62F.

And a suggestion that the buttons reflect status. This app is trying to facilitate quick access and display without navigating menus. You have big buttons for on/off, but the current status is in a tiny font. Use the button color and text to display status. So when the status is ON, display Set/Current temp in the On button. Same thing with SOC for charge. If status is OFF, use the OFF button to display current temps and SOC. The state is already OFF, there is no need for an OFF button, the only action available is ON.

Hi Boatguy,

Thanx for the feedback!

I¨m using metrics daily so I havn´t noticed 2) and 3).

1) A new settings option is coming
2) A fix is coming. Caused by not rounding up from 72.5 F
3) A fix is coming. This is due to the car not reporting back any values, sensors disabled. Next version will show "N/A"

Last edited: