Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla keyfob in an app (i made)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please remember that this API should not be relied on to start your car. i.e. do not leave your fob at home. Your tesla can lose connectivity at any time which would leave you stranded.

Heck, even if they had bluetooth pairing to your phone to provide fob functionality and your phone died, you'd still be stranded.

This API should be considered a backup or at the very least used at home when you need to move the car out of the garage for say washing and your key is still inside.

And of course the official Tesla app does this (including touchid) and costs nothing....
Thanks for your kind words :)

My app was released before tesla released theirs..
as per features tesla app needs to load the car status, you need to tap unlock and you need to tap remote start. And also press some confirmations on the way.
My app does all that in one tap (plus touchid) without waiting for the car status so in practice is 2/3X faster.

Tesla officail app doesnt support apple watch.

If you want a free app then you can build one.

@Jonas_man You might want to check out this forum for TeslaVision and TeslaFi software (and other that I might have missed), which is getting more drive history related data from the car using the same API's. I dont think there is a similar software in the form of an App. When the masses in their Model 3 come to market, you can get a nice revenue from that.

@Jonas_man You might want to check out this forum for TeslaVision and TeslaFi software (and other that I might have missed), which is getting more drive history related data from the car using the same API's. I dont think there is a similar software in the form of an App. When the masses in their Model 3 come to market, you can get a nice revenue from that.

Teslalab is trying to do that +-
It is in beta phase now.