TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Large Rear Cargo Mat

Discussion in 'Model X' started by leletyM3, Dec 16, 2016.

1. leletyM3

leletyM3 Member

Anyone bought this and has a VIN greater than F022381? I keep wondering why this is not compatible with newer builds as when you put the 3rd row down the back is all flat down.

Tesla — Model X All-Weather Rear Cargo Mat - Third Row Seat Down

THIS MAT IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH MODEL X VEHICLES THAT HAVE A VIN GREATER THAN F022381

2. carlshome

carlshome Member

I installed the large rear cargo mat in my MX with serial 0017XX. Obviously before F022381. It fits like a glove. Every detail around the perimeter is really impressive. I can say the same for the 6-seat middle/rear row mat and the frunk mat - both fit perfectly. Because these mats are so exact, my guess is there are some minor differences that you wouldn't notice in comparing them. But if you were to put in an early VIN large rear cargo mat into a later MX you would see where the differences are. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, if you are near by, come over and see if my mat fits your later MX.

• Like x 1
  3. leletyM3

leletyM3 Member

Thank you for your opinion and offer in trying your mats! My VIN will be 34xxx and taking delivery early January! Will surely buy the one for the frunk but will hold off on the rear middle seats and large rear cargo mat in case of any changes

4. carlshome

carlshome Member

You will enjoy your MX come January. It is a blast to drive. I've owned several Porsches, and the MX acceleration is WAY WAY more fun and far faster. And I just have the basic 90D. But I must admit missing the third pedal and the roar of the engine behind me.

• Like x 1
  5. bushburner

bushburner Member

There is no difference between the older vin cars and newer vin cars when comparing the trunk area and third row folded down. I don't have the weather tech, but I do have the tough pro on my ap2 car and they fit perfectly. tough pro large mat.JPG