TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla lease Downpayment 90D confusion, $2603 or $5000

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Kandiru, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Kandiru

Kandiru Member

The lease configurator is confusing. I hit "Lease", then "Customize your lease or loan payment" on the right hand bottom, then I can play with the configurator selecting "Downpayment+Trade IN"=$0, and get a total due at delivery of only $2603 for a base 90D.

However, the fine print at the end of the page states an $5000 downpayment is necessary. Given the rate of inflation
    I would rather skip that option.

I will also call Tesla but they open later.

Anticipated thanks!

2. blanche

blanche Member

Yes, the $5k is required. Check your private message.

3. ndhaon91

ndhaon91 Member

I had the same confusion. If you look at the fine print on the lease tab on the main page it says something like "$781 effective down payment after $6000 EV incentive. $6781 due at signing."

That total due consists of the $5000 down payment you saw on the configurator ($2500 of which you pay to put the car in production), acquisition fee, first month's lease payment, plus taxes.

4. Kandiru

Kandiru Member

Thank You!