Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Leasing Calculator - Tax Included?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It does not, at least for a Texas buyer, where you have to pay sales tax on the full value of the car. The extract of my lease approval below indicates it's due on delivery.

lease.png

I don't know of any car company's lease calculators that take into account tax since taxes work differently in every state... e.g. near where I am, SC collects a $300 sales tax on sale of car, no tax on lease payments, but collects property tax, really unrelated to the lease payment or lease company whatsoever. NC collects sales tax on each lease payment plus property tax. GA collects 7.5% sales tax on the entire value of the car.

So since taxes are SO different across states, there's no way for a calculator to take into account them. So you just have to get your actual quote to figure out what your payment will be.

If you're asking about the sales tax associated with each monthly payment then it does. If you enter the zipcode and the various details about the car then it'll calculate the monthly payment for you. Right below that you should see a link for details. If you click that then you should see a breakdown by monthly payment and state sales tax.