TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Leather Goods

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by MikeC, Oct 17, 2014.

1. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

I got the wallet that I ordered at the D event last week. Kinda cool that they named the wallet after a Supercharger. Hopefully they start to get serious about merchandising, I think it's a bigger revenue stream that they haven't taken full advantage of yet.

IMG_8454.JPG

IMG_8455.JPG

2. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

I wonder when these items will be available on the web site. I'd like to see the driving gloves that work with the center screen.

3. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I saw the Tesla leather goods line of products at one of the company's events in Monterey last August and have been wondering when they are going to be offered online.

So MikeC, are you saying that those products were available to buy at the Hawthorne event last Thursday?

4. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Yes, the same products that were shown in Monterey were available to purchase at the D event in Hawthorne last Thursday. My understanding is that those products will be online at some point in the near future.

5. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

Yeah, they had a whole table with handbags and other stuff at Hawthorne. The gloves were there but I didn't take a close look at them. It definitely sounded like they were going to be available on the website soon.

6. ra-san

ra-san Member

Wow, I completely missed those. Where were they located at the event? I got kind of focused on the car and forgot to look all around.

Anyone hear if they'll be selling them elsewhere anytime soon?

7. ModelX

ModelX Member

I missed them too! I heard that they would be online soon.

8. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

The covered area, over to the left of the stage, where they were also taking orders for the P85D.

And again, they expect these to be online soon.

9. Kandiru

Kandiru Member

10. Zythryn

Zythryn MS 70D, MX 90D

11. aznt1217

aznt1217 Active Member

This is awesome. Minimizing waste and making extra money from excess seat cut out material.

12. Red Sage

Red Sage The Cybernetic Samurai

I didn't notice any of that when I was there... Wasn't interested in the bar... Scarfed down a few things from among the hors d'oeuvre trays... And they handed me a nice water bottle on my way out... Hmmm... Oh, wait... Now I remember. I had left my clear vision glasses at home, and I was wearing prescription shades that night. Since just about everything in the decor was black, I may have overlooked a few things. Were these in the staging area with the really big screen and the parked white Model S P85D on display?

13. DFibRL8R

DFibRL8R Member

Tesla Gear Shop Tesla Design Collection

On the Tesla site now. I wonder if the "Lully Pouch" would make a good replacement for the sad 2 year old paper document holder that came with the car. Doesn't list the dimensions.

14. Jackl1956

Jackl1956 Member

Saddleback Leather makes some of my favorite products. I can't say enough about them. Kind of like how I view Tesla. I would love to see Tesla begin using their products.

Saddleback Leather Co.

15. Cattledog

Cattledog Active Member

I'm really surprised they don't have a men's briefcase in this product mix - maybe later.

16. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

Has anyone bought the Tesla leather gloves? They're not available at the store here and I wonder how the sizes run.

17. ctr46

ctr46 Member

Leather document holder

Not sure if this answers your question, but when I got my car back in March last year I bought a leather document folder to keep things in. It was actually something that was made especially for the Tesla after a request from someone on this forum I think. Anyway, tried to get another one now, but the shop wasn´t there anymore.

I looked at my order receipt and it listed the dimensions on my leather folder as 25 X 17 cm.

Would be nice to get another one from somewhere, perhaps the one sold by Tesla might work fine.