Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla left the lights on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My AP2 car did not have Auto lights. So I turned lights on. That seemed to work. Lights went off during the day and on at night.

Last night with the update Auto was added to lights. This morning my running lights were on (all night). I guess the way "ON" was handled changed with the update.

If you set your lights to ON, and kept them ON, and did the update, check your car. Your running lights may be on. Hopefully people will not run down their batteries.

Actually it would be more accurate for me to say that prior to the update when the car was off the running lights turned off. When the car was on the running lights turned on (if set to ON). Really nothing to do with night or day.

This only applies to the subset of us that received our AP2 car prior to this update.

Similar shenanigans on my AP2 car.

I took the update yesterday morning. By evening when I went to check on the car the headlights had turned on and were blazing all day.

Now I have an "auto" function in settings for Headlights, but it does nothing. Lights still must be switched from Low -> Bright. Am I missing something, or do I have a bug?

Similar shenanigans on my AP2 car.

I took the update yesterday morning. By evening when I went to check on the car the headlights had turned on and were blazing all day.

Now I have an "auto" function in settings for Headlights, but it does nothing. Lights still must be switched from Low -> Bright. Am I missing something, or do I have a bug?
They're auto headlights not auto highbeams. I don't believe they enabled that feature yet with this firmware.

Reactions: wesley888
They haven't enabled Auto-High Beams yet. But still im confused as to why the car didn't turn the headlights off within 10 minutes. My Audi S8 did that! Probably b/c my car went into battery saving mode and turned them off. But still if you leave your headlights on they should turn off Automatically.

Thank you both. Apparently this is user error. Seems odd though, my 2007 Chrysler had autobrightness headlights and the ones on my GLS are incredible. Looking forward to this functionality.

Hopefully the Auto-High beams work better than they do on the older cars because after having it activated for a while they just stopped working they would flash on coming traffic, Turn on in the evening for no reason when I can obviously see, And then they stopped working all together and I disabled the feature and haven't activated it again yet!