Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Life (all-inclusive product)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TheTalkingMule

Distributed Energy Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
If Elon announces a Tesla "Rainbow Package" available to Model 3 reservation holders, what kind of price point will we be looking at? I'm talking Model 3 with minimal options, 7kW roof mounted solar, Powerwall 2, plus a few smart home features all for zero-down and one monthly price(after your M3 deposit of course).

This offering will be down the line after blasting through the first 500k res holders, but I have to think it's coming. I'm going with 12 year contract at.....

$634/month available in SolarCity markets summer 2018.

Not bad for an amazing car and taking your home 100% solar. Swap out both battery packs cheaply in 12 years and you're set for another 12.

Boosting the solar install to 12kW or more only marginally affects the cost to Tesla, so that shouldn't be a problem. Pretty soon we'll have so much excess at peak that you'll likely be charging for free or less from the grid while at work.

A single Powerwall 2 doesn't take you off grid or anything, but in the open markets of the future it should be more than enough to help your panels zero you out and then some.

Every single component will be American made as well. We haven't had a product like that in a looooooong time.

If this panel ban goes into effect in mid-2018, Tesla could leverage their Buffalo factory to a massive lead in the next solar run-up. With a $.25/W hardware cost advantage over pretty much everyone, Elon can offer panels and a Powerwall at nearly the same price point as panels alone.

When this product drops AND we get a panel ban in 2018, this product will be the biggest thing since the iPhone. They won't have to worry about acquisition cost as much because solar will be mainstream and there will be no real regional or nationwide competition.

Once the Model 3 roll-out is clearly going well and TSLA can access any cash they could possibly need, I think Elon announces this all-in-one product and it takes over the nation. I can't even count the amount of money people would save with this(in certain markets) AND get insane performance to boot.